Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2014, 05:30 PM   #11 
Enzenga21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKnight View Post
Yes, babies.. It is still way too early to tell whether any will survive however... But we are keeping our fingers crossed..
Very awesome! Post some pics if you can!!
Enzenga21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:35 PM   #12 
Enzenga21

Here are the baby guppies. Nothing too special really. This is actually my first two spawns ever!
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2014, 05:36 PM   #13 
Enzenga21

Another view. There are 3 days old and 1 day old guppies in there.
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2014, 06:01 PM   #14 
SeaKnight

I will definitely post some, as soon as, they (if any) make it to free swimming....
SeaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:33 PM   #15 
Enzenga21

Well I woke up to find about 30 more new fry in the main tank today. I was able to get about 12-15 out and put them into the fry tank with the other two spawns. This drop had white and yellow fry. Can't wait to see how they all turn out. I have about 50-60 fry total, between the 3 drops, in their own tank.

However, also up top floating around the fry this morning was one of the guppy mommies. She had no signs of disease or otherwise indication of anything wrong, but sadly she was dead by the time I saw her up there. I will need to get a male or two separated now because her death throws the balance off.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:47 PM   #16 
SeaKnight

I've lost a few females (guppies, mollies and platy) to the birthing process.. Unfortunately it does happen... Good luck with the fry..
Old 07-28-2014, 07:50 AM   #17 
Enzenga21

Thanks. So far so good. I've only lost one of the fry so far. It seems like it was a deformity of some type. I posted in this section with a pic.

I just saw your video of the Oscar fry. Good luck with them and keep posting updates!
Old 07-28-2014, 05:33 PM   #18 
SeaKnight

Double post

Last edited by SeaKnight; 07-28-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:42 PM   #19 
SeaKnight

Unfortunately, we had a moderate accident yesterday with the tank that sent the parents into panic mode and us into a frenzy to "decontaminate" the tank... I believe, in their attempts to protect the fry, they inadvertently swallowed the majority of them leaving only 5-6 survivors (out of 20-30), which we are not sure will survive, but are doing our best to help along (they have been removed from the main tank and are in their own "private" set up)....
Old 07-29-2014, 10:45 AM   #20 
Enzenga21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKnight View Post
Unfortunately, we had a moderate accident yesterday with the tank that sent the parents into panic mode and us into a frenzy to "decontaminate" the tank... I believe, in their attempts to protect the fry, they inadvertently swallowed the majority of them leaving only 5-6 survivors (out of 20-30), which we are not sure will survive, but are doing our best to help along (they have been removed from the main tank and are in their own "private" set up)....
Oh crap, what happened!? I hope everyone is okay - mother, father and babies that were left!

I know nothing at all about Oscar fry - are they self sufficient or do they need parental help to grow until a certain point?

Sorry to hear about this and I really hope you get things back to normal very soon!

Tags
community tank, live bearer, plants