Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #1 
RussellTheShihTzu

Cholla! Cholla! Cholla! One of a Kind Decor!

Cholla is a desert cactus collected by friends with a permit to collect from public lands. It provides hides for inverts and small fish and is a great way to anchor Anubias, Java Fern and moss. This Cholla has been pre-rinsed in plain tap water.

Keep Cholla in a glass bowl with water. Place on a window sill and grow food for your Nerites or algae-eating fish. Plecos like to chew on the Cholla sticks and inverts like to use them as safe places to molt; Anubias and moss can be anchored to Cholla with fishing line.

Note: Some Cholla may have sharp edges but these are easily trimmed and sanded.

The Cholla has been pre-rinsed in plain tap water. I place mine in a pot of water and bring to a boil; boil for five minutes and let set in the water until it cools. I then rinse in treated tap water and place in aquarium.

Cholla is a desert cactus and has never been water-logged. The roots (not the sticks) can take it longer to saturate and sink; sometimes several days to several weeks. You can attach rocks to the bottom and bury them in substrate to weight them down if you don't want to wait. I let my Cholla pieces float in the tank until they decide to sink on their own.

I have great gobs of Java Moss but it may have hair algae, Subwassertang and Duckweed. If you want to take a chance, I will be happy to send you a clump large enough to attach to your Cholla sticks or a portion of your Cholla root at no extra charge but remember it's hot and these aren't insulated boxes. Layer moss thinly or you will smother the moss closest to the Cholla.

Please feel free to PM if you have any questions.

*****************SHIPPING IS USPS PRIORITY************

$7.50+ for small box
$14.00+ for medium box
$20.00+ for large box

Cholla Sticks-only Postage is $4.00 for up to four straight or three branched.

I do ship to Canada but postage is First Class and approximately double the above rates.

I do not make money on postage. Anything in excess of $2.00 will be refunded.
I will try to fit as much as I can in the smallest possible box. I will let you know which size before you pay.
If you buy more than $50.00 I will cover any additional insurance.
PayPal only.
No "gift" payments.

RETURNED ITEMS MUST BE UNDAMAGED AND BUYER PAYS RETURN SHIPPING. ITEM DOESN'T NEED TO BE RETURNED PRIORITY BUT PACKAGE DOES NEED A TRACKING NUMBER.
Attached Images

RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:42 AM   #2 
Ashthemutt

Do these woods grow fungus of any kind? I don't have live plants in my aquarium and Im just starting to get rid of an algae problem I had
Ashthemutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:09 PM   #3 
Tree

Eeeep! I want one of them little ones! 8D

the middle 4th one from the left <3

Last edited by Tree; 07-22-2014 at 09:15 PM.
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:36 PM   #4 
RussellTheShihTzu

I've never had them grow any sort of fungus. The first photo shows a Cholla stick covered in Subwassertang and an Anubias; the other is a Cholla root. Sorry for poor quality of photos.

Those pieces are now in a box all mixed together. Can't guarantee I can figure out which one was fourth from the left middle.
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2014, 09:41 PM   #5 
Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellTheShihTzu View Post
Those pieces are now in a box all mixed together. Can't guarantee I can figure out which one was fourth from the left middle.
Hahahaha! just find one with a "Y" shape and I will be satisfied. Maybe throw in one more for good measure so that way you can get more money from me. =P
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:05 PM   #6 
Ashthemutt

Oh well then I would be interested in some. Should I Private message you?
Ashthemutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:57 PM   #7 
RussellTheShihTzu

Yes, anyone interested needs to send a PM so we can figure out postage, etc. Thanks so much.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:37 PM   #8 
BambooTikiBettaGirl84

What is the diameter/width of #30?
BambooTikiBettaGirl84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:25 AM   #9 
InStitches

o.o I like 11 and 32. I wish I had room for them in my tank... gorgeous pieces you have :) They look better than the last cholla I bought, that's for sure!
InStitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:55 AM   #10 
2muttz

Wow, Russell, you have some awesome, lovely pieces this time! Makes me think "rescape" , but hubby has declared a moratorium on all non-essential (like food or water conditioner) aquarium spending....

Can I just add that I have some of Russell's cholla from prior sales and I just love it. Turns the most wonderful coffee-with-a-bit-of-cream color and never seemed to affect my water tone at all. No fungus or fuzzy growth either. Mine sank very rapidly also.....

..... goes off to try and think of a way to sneak some into the house.....
2muttz is offline   Reply With Quote