Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-17-2010, 08:30 AM   #1 
McAttack

background sheets

Hey guys,

just wanted to know how do you get your backgrounds to stick properly to the back of your tanks and what have you used so far? i've used a piece of construction paper from the dollar store but when I cleaned the tank, some water would spill and stuff, resulting in the paper to get stained and warp because of the water.

So I went to a backdrop that they sell at the pet shop, which are nice, but I can't get it to stick properly with just tape. Wherever there's space between mytank and the sheet, it looks different than if the background is right up against the glass. Is there some technique that i'm just too dumb to figure out?
McAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:57 PM   #2 
s3kshun62

They sale this product at I believe both Petco, and Petsmart called SeaView that you spread along the background. It'll cause the background to stick to the tank, getting rid of the bubbles and mirror images. Just use painters tape to keep all the edges down overnight, and slowly peel it away. Use a credit card of driver's license or something to slide the air bubbles out. Mine looks great now!
s3kshun62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:14 PM   #3 
vaygirl

You can also use spray oil for that, like Pam? I really think it's basically the same stuff. Seaview might be mineral oil? Not postive though
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:22 PM   #4 
McAttack

cool thanks!
McAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:58 AM   #5 
Welsh

I use cellotape,I stuck mine to my tank whilst intoxicated and it hasn't moved an inch =)
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote