Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-17-2010, 01:05 PM   #1 
DragonFish

I'm baaaaaaaaack!!

Lol, miss me? xDD

Haha, well I've actually been lurking about the forum a bit, just not posting so much. I've been suuuuuuuper busy between school, the fish, my boyfriend, and all the new friends I met at Sakura-con. HOWEVER!! I did not return empty handed...I come with MANY pics of my Waldories AND a beautiful new boy <3

So, a little update on the fish....the babies are doing awesome, a little over 5 months now. They're still small though, but I'm working on getting the few males I have(most of them turned out to be female)separated into my 20 long and my 5(just need a biiiiiiit more plastic mesh....)so yeah...xD A couple of the males I have separated already made bubblenests, I'll have to get pics of that.

So, some bad news.....since Sakura con at the beginning of April, I've actually lost Wally, Phoenix, and Supernova and Jirou and Midori aren't doing well(still trying to figure out whats up with them...). I'd known something was up with Wally and Phoenix long before, do I wasn't surprised when they ended up passing, but Supernova suddenly got a case of dropsy out of nowhere and passed two days later :/ I was really sad...he was my second male, and my first CT....

But, there is some good news! :) After sharing my betta troubles with my boyfriend, he felt bad and promised to buy me a new fish. We were going to go to my LPS this past Sunday....but then we found this adorable tiny local aquarium shop in China Town in Seattle on Saturday. They had some AMAZING bettas, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were imported. It was really hard to choose, there were three I REALLY wanted...but this one guy just...called out to me(...and believe it or not, my boyfriend thought that was cute when I told him that xDD). So, in the end, we walked out with this beauty:

(hes not really that green...more white of course with a blue/green sheen too him xD)

Hes such a sweaty, very active and attentive, even takes food right from my hand already. xD After much debate over names, I decided to call him Obito(an anime character from Naruto). Hes living on one section of my 20 long and is absolutely FASCINATED with this fake log I have in there with him xD Its so cute. Though, it looks like he blew his fins yesterday, hes got a couple rips in his tail :/ I'm thinking about moving him into a smaller section so he doesn't have to swim around as much and damage his pretty finage.

But, yeah xD I've also got a bit more good news....my boyfriend, who was vaccinated with my fish before, has now been turned into a betta lover!! xD Haha, it was only a matter of time....picked him up a 2 gallon with the works yesterday and he took home one of my male babies <3 Gave him instructions on how to set it up and clean everything, how often to clean, ext. and hes all into it. I'll post some pics later when he sends them too me...and he might actually end up joining the forum too!! xD

But yeah....I think I covered everything!! xDD Lol. I'll post the pics of the babies on my breeding thread, and then go do a photoshoot for Obito and make a thread for him :) So....yeah xD I'm going to try and be a little more active around the forum now ^^; Hehe....
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:55 PM   #2 
Jayy

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love your new betta
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #3 
vaygirl

Welcome back! He's beautiful. What a great find. :D And I'm sorry about your others. :(

Can't wait to see more pics!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #4 
CodeRed

YAY! Nice to see you again xD
I'm sorry about the losses ): It seems to have corresponded with the "wave of death" that recently passed through.
Obito is reallllyy pretty xD And of course, your excellent photography skills.....

I think your boyfriend is a keeper
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:46 PM   #5 
beta novice

lol welcome back i love naruto i am considiring naming my next beta's name being pein or kisame
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:51 PM   #6 
DragonFish

Awww, thanks guys!! ^_^

Ahh, yeah, I'd noticed the "wave of death" when I went back through the forum today to see what I'd missed....its kind of weird, how we seem to be so connected...

Hehe, in the end it was between Obito, a white and black marble dragon, and a lovely purple multi(all Deltas and HMs).....but, Obito 'spoke' to me xD Hehe, I love him to death <3

Lol, Hes definitely a keeper ;) I'm certainly not letting him go any time soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta novice View Post
lol welcome back i love naruto i am considiring naming my next beta's name being pein or kisame
Hurray! Another Naruto fan! xD Lol, Kisame is the perfect name for a fish....though if you find a nice feisty dark orange boy he'd be perfect for the name Pein ;)

Last edited by DragonFish; 05-17-2010 at 03:55 PM.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:55 PM   #7 
beta novice

very pretty i ended up getting my first female but boy was she pretty my parents and me both agreed :) her name is grace shes a really pretty purple
Old 05-17-2010, 05:06 PM   #8 
beat2020

Welcome back! I missed pictures from you and all your bettas =]
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #9 
beta novice

my beta kinda looks like the one in beat's avi
Old 05-17-2010, 10:41 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

Welcome back! I'm sorry about your losses. Your new guy is beautiful!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote