Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-18-2010, 11:33 AM   #1 
mitchkin5

where to buy online for a good betta?

I've always loved the blue bettas. I don't know if its because of the Dr Sues's "one fish blue fish" I use to read as a kid but I simply love them so I always have a blue one. But since I've been reading this forum and seeing all the different ones you can get I must admit I'm kinda been wanting to get a few more....different of course. But my Pet Smart doesn't carry anything but regular ones. I'm willing to order online . Does anyone know of some good places to order. I would rather have a recommendation from someone here who has had some success with the shipping etc. If theres a link from here for another thread could you point me in the right direction? Everyone has such beautiful ones...I'm starting to want one of each! lol
mitchkin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #2 
SaylorKennedy

aquabid.com is where a lot of people order bettas online here. Shipping can be expensive ($30+) So there is that additional cost to think about. I'd just keep trying petco and petsmart, maybe look for a local fish or petstore around you.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:09 PM   #3 
ninjafish

If you have a Petco nearby, it's sometimes worth it to make the extra trip. My Petco often has bettas just as beautiful as some of the ones on aqua bid - I've been told that Petsmart doesn't carry anything except Veiltails and Crowntails.
ninjafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:03 AM   #4 
BeautifulBettaFish

yea our local petsmart & walmart,etc.only ever have veiltails ...petco has the king bettas and a bunch of other kinds :)
BeautifulBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:00 PM   #5 
kpullen89

The best place online to purchase bettas in my opinion is aquabid. There are some reputable breeders on there with some beautiful quality fish! But you will pay the price. Shipping is expensive and the fish may die in transport.

I agree with some other people, Petco and Petsmart have beautiful bettas here and there. If you become the type of person that goes to pet stores constantly(like most of us! lol) you will stumble upon some amazing/rare colored bettas.

Some people will argue that bettas bought from a breeder will have a longer life expectancy, although I've kept pet shop bettas that have lived 4 years and counting. So I would say that this really depends on your budget and preference.
kpullen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:16 PM   #6 
mfskarphedin

If you have a specialty fish shop nearby, they may be willing to order in some of the more fancy bettas for you. I have one store nearby that will order almost anything you ask them to (God, please don't let the new Petco put them out of business.)
mfskarphedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #7 
mitchkin5

I visit our Pet Stop and PetSmart smart regularly ...trust me...with 4 dogs 2 parrots a huge koi pond and 75 gallon aquarium and 30 gallon aquarium I 'm there quite a bit.....lol but never has either one had any like these I've seen on here. But I am on a first name basis with the Pet Stop owner so I will see if she will order me a special betta. I never thought of that since I order most of my pond stuff online. Its a lot cheaper online even with shipping for most animal things. I'll keep checking though! Thanks ...I love looking at all the tanks and beautiful fish on here!
mitchkin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:06 PM   #8 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Petco is my friend.haha They have such amazing fish there! I've bought from my Walmart and they've all died. I don't think I've ever bought a fish from Petsmart. We also have a family run pet shop that has some pretty bettas sometimes. Just keep looking around. You can even google pet shops near your town and it'll give you a list.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:47 PM   #9 
BeautifulBettaFish

im trying aquabid for the betta in my avatar...ill let you all know how it works out...
BeautifulBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:36 AM   #10 
XrAdEr

I've only heard of aquabid but never tried it.
XrAdEr is offline   Reply With Quote