Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-18-2010, 04:29 PM   #1 
FireKidomaru

Question Need a little help deciding

well, Dragon passed away this weekend :( I plan to get another betta (double tail) but im not quiet sure.... can people with double tailed bettas post pictures of them here please? O and which stor (Petco or Petsmart) carries more exotic bettas. (more vivd colors, or rare colors) Thanks a bunch....
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #2 
puppyrjjkm

I don't have any double tails, but I'm pretty sure Petco has a larger array of bettas. Our Petsmart only has VT and CT.
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:51 PM   #3 
Jayy

I had a DBT,but he died RIP Tye-dye.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:51 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

My avatar is one of my Double-Tail males that I spawned (5mo old), I like the doubles but they can have some problems due to the way they are built, the shorter body can sometimes cause a short swim bladder and crooked spine- a good breeder will cull these and only sell the ones that are in good health without known issue.

Look close at the spine before you buy and make sure it appears inline without bulges and if the body looks to be too short pass it by or if it seems to have problems swimming...

otherwise the doubles are awesome looking fish with the double tail and extra large dorsal fin or twice as wide and starting closes to the head, twice the number of rays, near as long and wide as the anal fin..almost looks like they are swimming upside down.....awesome looking Betta IMO
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #5 
crownie

I LOVE my DT! I got him Petco... they have such a better selection there than at Petsmart, and I go pretty regularly to both lol Here are some pics of my Apollo. He swims constantly and he is so beautiful! Sorry these were taken on my phone so not of great quality...

Sorry about Dragon :(
crownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:12 PM   #6 
mysquishy

I don't have a double tail but I was thinking about getting one. Our petco had a bunch of red ones, a pretty blue and red one, and a cellophane one with spots. Just look around and get which ever one catches our eye.

I love these two on aquabid:
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...sdt&1274461226

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...sdt&1274460601

Last edited by mysquishy; 05-18-2010 at 07:17 PM.
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #7 
crownie

^I've been looking at the last one for a few days now hehe He's so tempting! I would have loved to have seen the cellophane with dots DT!
Old 05-18-2010, 07:26 PM   #8 
kuklachica

mysquishy - petco had one almost EXACTLY like the first one you posted. FULL tails, red, white, blue, perfect body. I almost got him but was too late when I went back.

fire- petco has great DBTs. But some of them tend to have some minor to severe spinal problems (it is genetic in DBTs). S be careful when you choose them.

Here is my guy, piglet (a marble) from Petco -

When I got him this past December:

A couple of months later:

The other day (after he ripped his tail and decided to chew most of it off):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by kuklachica; 05-18-2010 at 07:35 PM.
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #9 
crownie

He colored up so well! Sorry to see his tail :( This is making me want another DT!
Old 05-18-2010, 07:37 PM   #10 
kuklachica

Thanks.. I'm kind of glad he's biting his tail. His tail(s) was(were) SOOO huge that he had a hard time swimming. Now he has no problem swimming! He's probably the only fish that I was happy to see bite his tail!
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote