Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-20-2010, 09:11 AM   #21 
McAttack

Thanks Oldfishlady! Your light hood is elevated so you get some benefit to it. So do you get blooms from that? Very interesting. Now I'm gonna look for this stuff heheh.
McAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #22 
Oldfishlady

All my tanks are open top and I use two lights over them to get high wpg, so they are kinda covered with lights...lol
I get the lily bulb in the fish department at walmart they have two kinds, lily both red and green and apons, I get a 50% success rate on sprouting.
Yes I do get flowers on the apon bulbs but never on the lily bulbs...wish I did....my giant one I have in my ponds get awesome blooms...pretty pink flowers.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:31 AM   #23 
McAttack

Sounds awesome! I'll look into the light requirements before I do anything. My main tank has java moss now, and a dwarf anubias which is really nice. Got rid of everything else. Almost got rid of all the vallispernia but little shoots are finding a way of surviving. The java moss is enough to create oxygen for the fish, I don't use an air pump anymore. I always keep an eye out for low light plants now to complement.
McAttack is offline   Reply With Quote