Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: What killed him
Lack of food 0 0%
Not lack of food but something else considering he was from wal-mart... 4 100.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #1 
Drowzy

Unhappy ;_;

My betta died.... I forgot to feed him for a couple days and now he's dead. This is 3 dead pets in a row. First the crab, than the sea monkey's, and now my betta. He was a black betta with a red tail. But now he's dead.

NJR-RSVP
Drowzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #2 
Jayy

Awww I'm sooo sorry about that.I know just how you feel,but not get to upset because think about it. You can go save another poor petstore betta.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #3 
Drowzy

Ok... What's ironic is that I got him from walmart.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:03 PM   #4 
Elsch

eep! how do you forget to feed him? be careful
Elsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #5 
ninjafish

I'm not really sure how you can forget to feed your pets..That's kind of irresponsible. Either way, bettas won't die from a few days without food..It seems like your betta may have had an underlying problem.
ninjafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:20 PM   #6 
Drowzy

Ok well that makes me feel a little bit better....
Old 05-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #7 
Welsh

Yup, you sure must have been Drowsy to forget to feed your betta lol. Anyway, like that person before me said, 3 days without feeding your betta probably didn't kill him, people fast bettas for longer than that and as shallow as this may sound, just go out and buy a new one. It made me feel better, you cant beat a bit of fish retail therapy =p
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #8 
sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjafish View Post
I'm not really sure how you can forget to feed your pets..That's kind of irresponsible. Either way, bettas won't die from a few days without food..It seems like your betta may have had an underlying problem.
I am sorry about your betta, it is hard when you lose a pet. But this poster has a point.

Once you adopt/buy a pet, it is your responsibility. The animal can't say "Hey- I am hungry!" or "Ouch, that hurts!" They can't feed themselves.

So before you take on another animal, be sure that you are responsable enough to look after it. It is at your mercy and it isn't fair if the animal suffers because you forgot.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:19 PM   #9 
CodeRed

Agreeing with the others. Feeding an animal is one of the responsibilities you take up when you hand over the money. With that exchange, you control their entire life. If you can't keep up with feeding, can you keep up with the water changes? What if they get sick because they aren't getting fed or are in nasty water? They'll suffer. It's better for you to decide, and I mean REALLY think about it, if you can handle the responsibility. If you can't, maybe consider a pet rock? They may be "just a fish" as we've all been told, but they're still living, breathing (ha! I can use that for a betta) creatures. In time, they bond with their owners, and can be just as rewarding as a dog in some cases.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #10 
Drowzy

ok...... I'm going to go ahead and close this topic as it is only depressing me XP Yes I realize I messed up about the feeding... But I think the others have a point 3-4 days ain't gonna kill a fish.