Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2014, 05:02 PM   #11 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

We can never create something that is an exact replica of the wild no matter how hard we try. Mother nature can do miraculous things with balancing, we can't. I had a friend who has been to the Rio Negro around seven times now on expiditions and it still amazes us and him at what he'll find sometimes. He told us a story about how they were in this little cove maybe 10 feet but barely six inches deep, there was leaf litter everywhere and on each leaf was a single Checkboard cichlid. They tested the water and it came up to 3.4 pH and the water was 110*F and yet they were prefectly happy to just sit there and bask in the sun, waiting for their food to come along.

We try that in the home aquaria and your fish are dead, it doesn't matter what you do, you can never replicate those results.

Back to Bettas, if they are from the same spawn then yes, it's just fine generally as it is a whole different dynamic. If these fish have never been separated then likely there won't be much aggression as if they were not of the same spawn. There could possibly be breeding which is stressful in and of itself but that's a slightly different topic than what is at hand.

Learn to stand up for yourself and not follow so much. Just because someone jumps off a bridge, you tell people "oh it's okay, I know some people do it--I won't but people do it..." telling that to someone who might just jump off a bridge can literally push them over the edge. Do you understand what I'm getting at here?
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:58 PM   #12 
blueh8red

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankman12 View Post
How long is the tank? Cuz many people keep multiply males and multiple females in a 55. But it is heavily planted. One of my lfs has a male with 7 females in a 10 gallon no problem. Another one has 4 males and 20-30 females in a 75. I have kept males with females but never males with males. But in a long tank it is very possible. Definitely increase the females to a much larger number, maybe 10-15. How positive are you that they are both males?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes, the tank is heavily planted. Maybe that's why they don't bother each other. The tank is 4 ft long...
blueh8red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #13 
mpooyan83

I have heard of cases where male fry that were never separated, can probably be in the same tank for the rest of their lives and get along.
mpooyan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:55 AM   #14 
blueh8red

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpooyan83 View Post
I have heard of cases where male fry that were never separated, can probably be in the same tank for the rest of their lives and get along.
Yeah thats what i also heard... In this case its mum and dad... Then a son and daughters... Ill post pics soon
blueh8red is offline   Reply With Quote