Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2010, 06:45 PM   #1 
Elsch

A Happy Story

Hi ! I just wanted to make a thread regarding my one and only betta (yep! only one so far), Winston Charles. I see a lot of threads here where people are having problems with their betta and asking for advice, so I wanted to make a happy thread.

Winston Charles was just transferred to his new 5 gallon tank today, and I've never seen him more active! He's swimming around everywhere and it looks like he's dancing sometimes, at one point it honestly looked like he wanted to jump, out of happiness and excitement. It made me really pleased to know that I was doing something right. here's his tank:
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4973/aquarium.png

This is my first ever fish, and I've learned a lot from this site, but I still don't have all that much confidence yet. A lot of times, I worry if I'm doing things wrong.

I got a picture of him finally (he's VERY camera shy. he hides dramatically when he sees the camera. I don't understand it.) does he look pretty healthy? I have no way to tell...what do you guys think? also, could anyone identify which kind of betta he is? thanks a lot ^.^ here's the happy boy:
Elsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #2 
SaylorKennedy

Wow, he's stunning! He's a veiltail. He had the same colors as my first fish Rowan, brilliant red with pink. He's got a very nice home as well. You seem to be doing everything right, but please feel free to ask any questions you have. :)
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:51 PM   #3 
Welsh

He is a veiltail, the exact same colour as my first betta Aden but he had a lot more blue on his scales, yours looks soooooo much healthier than mine I swear my betta was anorexic I didn't know they were supposed to have a "fuller figure" like yours lol.
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:11 PM   #4 
Elsch

well, he also eats enough for probably 5 betta. it says on his "betta bites" tube to feed them 2-3 per day. he eats like 12. sometimes I'm afraid of overfeeding him, but he seems so happy and healthy. maybe he is getting fat...
Old 05-19-2010, 10:14 PM   #5 
CodeRed

It's suggested to feed him twice a day, maybe 3 pellets each time. 12 pellets is definitely too much. A betta's stomach is about the size of his eye. When they overeat, they get something called "SBD", which causes them to lose control of their buoyancy. While generally not dangerous by itself, a bad enough case CAN cause death if they can't reach the surface.
Sorry to start off with such a scary thought xD Welcome to the forum! Pictures are loved, so be sure to post some in the photo gallery (:
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:56 AM   #6 
Elsch

nah, it's not a scary thing! I'm glad to be warned! thank you for letting me know about this.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:16 PM   #7 
zoragen

I love a happy story

He's beautiful!

Just keep his water clean & heated & don't fee to much & he should be fine.
zoragen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:47 PM   #8 
bloo97

Love his Tank and Colors!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote