Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2010, 08:43 PM   #1 
Learn To Fly

Smile New member, same old fish (and a new one)

Hi! Though I am not new to bettas, I am new to this website and I just wanted to share my three bettas.

Titan (SD CT male, black and red-a little blue iridescence)

Name:  102_3314.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  101.4 KB

Kreios [Lord/Master] (Brown and orange/red-black lining on fins and somewhat blue BF pattern SD-?- PK male)

Name:  PICT0148.jpg
Size:  89.4 KB
Name:  102_3904.jpg
Size:  91.4 KB

Deimos [Terror] (Blue/purple/red/black copper dragon-?- SD CT male)

Name:  PICT0106.jpg
Size:  93.7 KB
Name:  PICT0113.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  93.6 KB

I just got Deimos yesterday-he took up my last spot. I was waiting for a HM to show up but he was special :D. And since my LPS never has special fish...

All of them came from the same store. Kreios was sold as a female-they are so ignorant! And I got Titan for the price of a VT. The store does take pretty good care of their fish

Oh yeah, and Titan ate his fins so they no longer look like that. He had fungus as well :( but he's all better. He's on medication so he doesn't get finrot. I would go on and on but I have to go so this is my post, and sorry for the big pics.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Welcome to the forum! Your fish are gorgeous! We've had a lot of people on here that bought a "female" and it turns out to be a PK male.lol
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:47 PM   #3 
Learn To Fly

Haha, thanks! Actually, I knew he was a PK because I've been keeping my eye out for them. They seem to have sometimes no females, sometimes a few PKs with a few females and sometimes all females. They're all in those terrible little cups though.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:59 PM   #4 
CodeRed

Hey, I had a fish named Deimos (; He recently passed away, so I hope you have better luck! Beautiful boys, and geez I really wish I could find a plakat...
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:09 PM   #5 
Learn To Fly

Aw I'm sorry about Deimos. What was he like (color, fins, personality)? Actually I had a name switch, Kreios was Deimos and Deimos was Adonis but I decided that these names suited them each better.

Yeah, actually they don't have them (PKs) that often. There were two and after two weeks he (Kreios) was still there so I got him. I had them hold Deimos for me because I was afraid someone else would buy him.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #6 
CodeRed

Deimos was a black CT with blue and black smears on him, like a child took fingerpaint and rubbed on him :P My first betta, actually. He was a BRAT. Poor baby got into a fight with my DBT, and was never quite the same after. Fin rot, slowing down, lethargy... he finally passed when I was on Spring Vacation. In a way, it was a relief. He was obviously so far gone when I left...
Anyways, I always go through numerous name changes, then up keeping the one I thought of first. Once I pick a name, I can't change it... unless it doesn't "Fit". My first snake had about 5 names before Loki stuck xD
I also went with the Greek theme at first, having Deimos, Akakios, Thanatos, Eros, ect. (like the "os`") Their names changed, though. Akakios is now Ace. Thanatos and Eros were actually the same fish, with Thanatos being renamed Eros when he died. I felt so bad, since I only had him for a day.

I've babbled. :P
Welcome to the forum, again! So many new members, I'm losing track xD

Edit: I really am losing track~! That was my first Welcome, which SHOULD have been the first thing I said xD Sorry about that!
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:39 PM   #7 
Fermin

Nice fish! Deimos is gorgeous!
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #8 
Learn To Fly

Oh, it's okay. I do that a lot too lol.

Yeah I normally take quite a while to choose a name, and then keep it. The shortest amount of time it took for me to name a betta was about one hour, and the longest a week and a half. This might be the first time I've ever switched/changed their names.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #9 
Learn To Fly

Fermin-

Thanks!
Old 05-19-2010, 10:46 PM   #10 
Learn To Fly

CodeRed-

would you happen to know if Deimos is a dragon? I can't quite tell, sometimes it seems like he is and sometimes it seems like he isn't.