doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:50 PM   #12 
Learn To Fly

doggyhog thanks!

That's cool, what color copper?
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:51 PM   #13 
CodeRed

I don't think he's quite a dragon, sadly. DH said it best, metallic copper I would say (:
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:54 PM   #14 
Learn To Fly

CodeRed yeah in some ways he really looks like one but he didn't seem to meet all the "requirements".
Old 05-19-2010, 09:59 PM   #15 
CodeRed

Dragons can be hard to identify, really. Even I have some trouble time to time, and I've been doing this thing for a year or so now xD They tend to have "thick" scales, with some... different colored scales? It's hard to describe. Like there's another layer of scales, usually a different color, underneath. It usually comes up around their face, but very rarely actually completely covers the face. Do you get what I'm saying?
I think a lot of bettas are called Dragons when they're not, but they're so hard to say for sure that you can't really go around saying who's is and isn't.

Babbling again. Late. xD
Old 05-19-2010, 10:10 PM   #16 
Learn To Fly

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's not a dragon then. His head is black and then the rest of his body is the copper, but he does have a few random colored scales on his head. I don't think that is "dragoning" (I think I made up a word!) though, just random scales. He doesn't really look like all the dragons I've seen (AquaBid) but also the pics don't exactly look like him.

I'm leaning towards he's not a dragon.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #17 
CodeRed

He might not be a dragon, but he sure is handsome (: Don't let the non-dragonness get you down, though. At 11 bettas, not one a dragon, I couldn't be happier xD The term and look is nice, but it's not everything.

... Did that make sense? I need sleep, I'm starting to lose whatever sense I had five minutes ago.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:15 PM   #18 
Learn To Fly

Looking at him "in person," he does almost seem to have two layers of scales, but only sometimes. Like a silvery layer on top of the other color(s), and esp. on his fins (though I think that's the copper-the dragons I've seen it doesn't affect their fins). He seems to be...blackish underneath.

I don't know now. He just doesn't quite look like a dragon but he kind of does...
Old 05-19-2010, 10:19 PM   #19 
Learn To Fly

Oh don't worry, I don't really care whether he's a dragon or not. In fact, when I first saw him I thought "COPPER!!!" and didn't even think dragon. It would be cool, but if he's not I won't die (severe understatement). I'm just trying to...sorry lost my train of though. Umm...

Yeah, I'm tired too, lol.

Oh! I'm trying to...consider all my options? Not quite what I was looking for but does that work for you-understanding wise? Sorry I'm very confusing and random when I don't get enough sleep.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:21 PM   #20 
CodeRed

All right... here's something I forgot to add xD Dragons have an almost rough look to them, due to the layers of scales. Bumpy, in a way. Look up dragon betta in google and you'll see what I'm talking about. Only you can compare the real fish and what's on google, since we all know cameras and their flashes take colors and warp them. Good luck~! I'm not saying he's not a dragon, by the by. If you think he is, then he very well could be! Only the breeder truly knows, and they're not around right now xD

Edit: And it's totally okay xD Lack of sleep makes for interesting conversations xD