Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-21-2010, 11:08 PM   #11 
TianTian

Cinder is not too fond of finger chase. He tires of the game rather quickly and instead will play "hide-and-flare".

1. See me coming
2. Run and hide behind his large leaves, behind the grassy plant, castle, etc.
3. Wait two seconds, then DART OUT and FLARE at my finger
4. Repeat endlessly (or until I walk away).
5. Once game is finished, either strut around the tank or resume adding to bubblenest

:D
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:19 PM   #12 
cmndrJOE

Seoul will chase my finger every once in a while, he does follow me around the tank tho.
Patch will wait for the focus flash on my camera, and when I actually snap the pic he'll hide.
Peel just blows bubbles and adds to his bubblenest all the time. He seems to get real excited when I walk up to the tank to check it out.... altho I think he just thinks I'm gonna feed him, cuz he's a pig.
My nameless boy uproots all of his live plants and pushes them around his tank
My nameless girl plays hide and go seek, but she doesn't have many places to hide, as i 've got the nameless couple in 1 gal critter keepers lol.
cmndrJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #13 
sjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirelena View Post
'ello everyone!

I just want to say I love this community, everyone here seem so passionate about their little fishy friends and it just makes me so happy to read the posts ^^.

I have a little blue/black male betta named Aya who seems to like watching House lol. He has a pillow bottle top, and a small floating ring floating in his tank, and a couple of plants and a hiding place for him. I want to do more though to entertain him, so I was hoping to get some new ideas.

So I wanted to ask a simple question, how do you play with your betta?
What is the pillow bottle top????

I have noticed Clampy really likes to rest on things near the surface of the water, I got a great silk petco plant that is like a banana plant and has water lily type flat leaves that float near the surface, he loves to lie on these.

Also I am teaching him to jump for bloodworms.

I made him a cave but he never went in it so i got rid of it.

He does seem to like swimming through things though he swim through the heater that's stuck to the side.
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #14 
a123andpoof

My fish mostly entertain themselves. Haruna just swims around and checks out all her stuff, Keiichi is making a bubble nest first time yay! But he always comes to the front of his tank when he hears me coming, and Ryo I don't know about yet...
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:29 PM   #15 
tumtum

I didnt know Bettas liked finger chase haha I always feel a bit guilty when i do that, but now that I know......hhehe Im coming fishies!
tumtum is offline   Reply With Quote