Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2010, 11:49 PM   #1 
1fish2fish

Breeders! What do you think of this girl?

To go with Rio..

Here she is.. price is good and she's local but I dunno about her quality. What do you think.. get her or wasting my time? From a breeding perspective.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1274399754
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:10 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

She's beautiful!! I love her color.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #3 
Zenandra
Banned

I think she's very cute! What are your goals for the breeding? Do you just want to breed or do you have some sort of color or finnage goal?? If you're breeding for his color I wouldn't get her. She carries a red gene and will give you lots of red in the offspring. If you're breeding for finnage I think she'll make a nice mate. She has nice ventrals and a good caudal with nice rays, though I suspect she make throw some rosetails or feathertails in her off spring judging by her caudal. She doesn't have the best anal fin in the world, but thats not the end of the world! And if you just want to breed for fun I'd say go for it, it'll be a lovely pair. You'll probably get blue marbles, red marbles, red cambodians, red/blue bi-colors and maybe a couple fancy marbles!!
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #4 
doggyhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenandra View Post
I think she's very cute! What are your goals for the breeding? Do you just want to breed or do you have some sort of color or finnage goal?? If you're breeding for his color I wouldn't get her. She carries a red gene and will give you lots of red in the offspring. If you're breeding for finnage I think she'll make a nice mate. She has nice ventrals and a good caudal with nice rays, though I suspect she make throw some rosetails or feathertails in her off spring judging by her caudal. She doesn't have the best anal fin in the world, but thats not the end of the world! And if you just want to breed for fun I'd say go for it, it'll be a lovely pair. You'll probably get blue marbles, red marbles, red cambodians, red/blue bi-colors and maybe a couple fancy marbles!!
1+
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:33 PM   #6 
1fish2fish

Well I didn't have internet all day and it looks like she's gone. Oh well, I didn't absolutely love her.

To answer your question Zenandra I'm trying to start a marble line and eventually get into fancy marbles. I would like to get fish with reds, blues, and blacks.. much like the HMPK you just got. I'd like to cross him with an HMPK or a PK so I would get a mix of HM and HMPK fry. I'm still trying to really decide where I want to go with him but thats a start.

I really like the fish you put up. For right now I can't pay for shipping on overseas fish so I'm trying to stay local. The last girl is really cute and I'd actually looked at the bettysplendens girl.. but she's just a little too pricey for me right now.

I think I'm going to just wait and see what I get from my Multi spawn before spawning Rio. I was thinking of crossing him with my HMPK female Phoebe, whose a yellow.. I'd have to look into what that would throw though.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #7 
Jayy

I can't see the fish,but the ones you posted Zenandra look great!!

Last edited by Jayy; 05-20-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:15 PM   #8 
beat2020

I really like that last girl Zenandra and she's in the United States
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:47 PM   #9 
1fish2fish

Yeah I really like her but I think I'm going to hold off for a little while. I'm going to see how many fish I get from the HM multi spawn and if its a small spawn then I'll find a female and breed Rio and raise the fry together. If its a big spawn I won't breed anymore this summer and wait to see what I get.

If I can sell a few good fish at a decent price I might be able to afford a really nice fish from Thailand.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #10 
JamieTron

wow she looks almost exactly like one of males 0_o they would be PERFECT together lol awwwww

go for it
JamieTron is offline   Reply With Quote