Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-23-2010, 08:12 PM   #1 
1fish2fish

What do you think of this pairing?

Since I lost the Calico female from bettysplendens I'm trying to find a female to pair with Rio so I can still breed him this summer. I found a few good ones on aquabid but they're still a little too high for my budget.

I was wondering what I would get if I paired Rio (blue/white Marble HM) with Phoebe (yellow HMPK female)?

Rio:

Phoebe: (This is the best picture I have of her)

Phoebe comes from a yellow line. I have Jasper who is a sibling male but I don't really want to breed yellows so I was thinking I might pair Phoebe with Rio to try to get some marbles. Whadda ya think?
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:18 PM   #2 
Learn To Fly

Wow Rio is beautiful. Sorry I just had to post that, and I'm not really any help with the breeding but...if you had yellow marbles that would be really pretty. If that's possible lol.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #3 
Zenandra
Banned

if she comes from a yellow line that breeds true you have a decent chance of not getting too much red. But remember yellow is red based so there will be some red showing up, and possibly some orange! I'd saying you'll get varying degrees of marbling, lots of blue marble, so red marbles or red cambodian, blue or yellow butterflies, solid yellow, possibly some mustard gas type bi-colors, and fancy marbles! I think it would be an interesting cross to experiment with!
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:56 PM   #4 
1fish2fish

I don't mind getting a little red but I'd also like to have some blue in there. From what you said Zenandra it sounds like a good experiment, especially since I want to try to get a line of fancy marbles going.

Guess I'll be taking Phoebe out into her own tank to begin conditioning her :). Hoping to start spawning both Rio/ Phoebe and Sid/Nancy in a few weeks!
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote