Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #1 
bettalover2033

Talking Is it really necessary?

It is really necessary for 1 male betta to have a huge 55 gallon tank?

also its either the 55 gallon tank for the 1 male betta or the (VASE) for him which one would you use?

the 55 gallon or the vase?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

If he has never been in a large tank he may get pretty stressed, some Bettas tolerate the huge change better than other and some never get used to it. I would give it a try in the 55g and see how he tolerates it and if the tank mates in the 55g don't cause any problems for him.

IMO/E the vase would be fine as well as long as proper water changes are made.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #3 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
If he has never been in a large tank he may get pretty stressed, some Bettas tolerate the huge change better than other and some never get used to it. I would give it a try in the 55g and see how he tolerates it and if the tank mates in the 55g don't cause any problems for him.

IMO/E the vase would be fine as well as long as proper water changes are made.
well to start off with this betta is not mine and this fish tank is not mine lol but also there are absolutely (NO) tank mates in the bigg huge tank at all so this betta will be alone...and i dont know if that should happen is this really a good idea..would the betta get lonely lol ?

i mean i know that they are (loners) but heck someone has got to have someone somtime:)
Old 05-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #4 
darkangel216

I would try out the 55g like Oldfishlady said. It would be good if it had lots of plants and hiding spots as well.
darkangel216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:08 PM   #5 
bettalover2033

ya she has sooooo many plants that i think she wouldnt even need the planted backround lol but ya i think he would feel really happy but comfortable in that tank:)
Old 05-18-2010, 09:06 PM   #6 
Cyphus

with that big a tank.. you can have a biiiiiiiiiiig sorority of female bettas :o

I agree with what everyone else here has said :)
Cyphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:41 PM   #7 
Oldfishlady

Also. what type of filtration...not too strong I hope....that can cause issues as well...but I am sure you are aware of that.......in that size tank at least he can get away from the water flow if it is too strong......and you are correct that this species like to be alone...so being the only fish in the tank will be fine.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:47 PM   #8 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
Also. what type of filtration...not too strong I hope....that can cause issues as well...but I am sure you are aware of that.......in that size tank at least he can get away from the water flow if it is too strong......and you are correct that this species like to be alone...so being the only fish in the tank will be fine.....
yes i am aware of all these problems but she has two corner filters and i told her to get a filter from like pet land or pet smart but she will have to get one on thursday :)
Old 05-18-2010, 09:50 PM   #9 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyphus View Post
with that big a tank.. you can have a biiiiiiiiiiig sorority of female bettas :o

I agree with what everyone else here has said :)
actually she had a sorority of 25 females and she pulled it off they got along very good together...but when she moved she couldnt keep them she could only take the tank and the stuff because she lived an hour or more away from where she moved but anyway she didnt want to stress them too much so she sold some and then she gave some away to (very good homes) well she is going to put the male in tomorrow..i think he will be happier what do you think??
Old 05-18-2010, 09:50 PM   #10 
ecoprincess

would you rather live in a bachelor apartment or a 3 floor mansion?

I say mansion...............and definately the big tank! :)

What a lucky betta!!! {is jealous}
ecoprincess is offline   Reply With Quote