Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-21-2010, 09:48 AM   #1 
PBJ

Looking into getting hubby a betta

Right at the moment I am breeding gumpys for my local mom and pop store.
They are feeders but I am getting out cause hubby would like a beta or two.

I am doing some research because honestly I dont think a bowl is a life for any fish.

I own a cat dog and 2 rabbits. The Betta or 2 bettas will be housed in the 5 gallon tank. I don't have pictures of it at the moment as my camera batteries are charging.

But it has a filter and a LED light a nice big one right now we have a few shells in their and plan to get some real plants and some of those colorful things from wal mart and places.

What do they eat do they really just eat those pellet foods. Can they eat anything else i would like for his fish to live a while as we have lost a couple of bettas in the past. I had one for about 5 years as a kid.

Thank you for your help
PBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:11 AM   #2 
JaspersANGEL

Mine eat a full variety of food's, bloodworm's, brine shrimp, flake's, krill and pellets *lol* (and recently started going after the snail's algea wafer's) but they are mostly carnivores. I read that they do well on a varied diet, it helps them to not get too bored with their food.
Give them a good pellet food as a staple diet and the bloodworm's and such as treats once in a while. Just remember to soak all ur freeze dried food's before giving it to them.
Fast them for one day to give them time to digest and help with the bloating, their stomach's are really not that big, as big as one of their eyes.

And have fun when u get ur little guy's they are quite unique.
But just remember that when u get them..picture's are a must *lol*

Last edited by JaspersANGEL; 05-21-2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: forgot to add information
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #3 
PBJ

I will be doing like a month or two of research before I get him or her. But this is the current tank I have to wait at least three more weeks for the current residents to be big enough to survey in Kieths big tanks
Old 05-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #4 
PBJ

Oh I also have a algi eater in the tank
Old 05-21-2010, 10:40 AM   #5 
JaspersANGEL

cute tank
but once u get the lil' guy's or gal's u should consider getting a hood also cause they tend to jump, they might never jump out but u'll always worrie cause u know they can if they wanted to. *lol*
Old 05-21-2010, 10:43 AM   #6 
PBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaspersANGEL View Post
cute tank
but once u get the lil' guy's or gal's u should consider getting a hood also cause they tend to jump, they might never jump out but u'll always worrie cause u know they can if they wanted to. *lol*
There is a top on the tank. And I am going to get some mess for the hole
Old 05-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #7 
JaspersANGEL

good stuff
Old 05-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #8 
PBJ

Does anyone else have any advice I have been reading a lot but personal experience is always better.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:45 PM   #9 
TheJadeBetta

Good looking tank, but in a 5 gallon, I would only suggest one Betta. JaspersANGEL gave info on the food really well.

P.S. What type of Algae Eater do you have?
TheJadeBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #10 
PBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJadeBetta View Post
Good looking tank, but in a 5 gallon, I would only suggest one Betta. JaspersANGEL gave info on the food really well.

P.S. What type of Algae Eater do you have?
I am not sure its a white one well clear almost and has a long tail not the black ones. If you look in the first picture the white thing next to the filter to the left is the algi eater. His reflection is coming off the tank more tot he left so you can see him better

So only one betta good to know where can i find food for it I know keith feeds all his betta that type of diet he owns a mom and pop store and he is a huge fish person he does not sell animals just fish but they are really well taken care of. But Keith already said he cant sell me any as its only for his bettas.

Last edited by PBJ; 05-21-2010 at 04:39 PM.