Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #21 
themeparkfreak17

Your welcome. Hope your betta gets well. Go check out bettatalk.com too. There is great stuff on there from a girl who was featured on Animal Planet and BBC for her knowledge of bettas.
themeparkfreak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:19 PM   #22 
5green

good luck plz keep us informed on how he is doing =)
5green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #23 
Alienbetta1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5green View Post
good luck plz keep us informed on how he is doing =)
I haven't bought a heater yet but he stoped hidding.He dosen't eat though.
Alienbetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:43 PM   #24 
mfskarphedin

Look, I'm brand-new here, and I know this is going to tick some people off, but some people chewing this person out isn't going to help. I've spent literally years and years on Usenet giving "newbies" advice, one of the only long-term, experienced people to bother answering their same questions over and over, and I know it's far more likely to drive them away than to make them stay around and get educated.

I've been a goldfish advocate for many, many years, and I know how frustrating poor advice from books and pet shops can be, but that's why we're here - to help fix the problem in a calm, reassuring, and often very innovative way.

Peace.
mfskarphedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #25 
BettaxFishxCrazy

We aren't chewing her out. She wondered why her fish was sick and what she could do and we recommended getting a heater. Cold water=lethargic fish. She doesn't have to get a heater if she doesn't want to, but her fish will become lethargic, not eat, lose color etc if she doesn't. They're warm water fish, not cold. Obviously the book was wrong because they need to be in a water temperature of 76-82 degrees F to prosper.

I've read a lot of websites that weren't right and talked to some store employees that should've been right, but weren't. When I bought my first betta, the employee told me that they didn't need a heater, they'd be totally fine without one. It's not your fault or mine that we were given bad advice, we're just simply trying to help you to fix it so your betta will live.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:10 PM   #26 
Alienbetta1
Banned

mfskarphedin Goldfish are sooo diffrent from Bettas.
Alienbetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #27 
themeparkfreak17

What we are posting is what that betta absolutely NEEDS to get through this. I also gave some recommendations like getting a cheap small filter to help the betta live longer since she won't have to change the water as often and the water will be cleaner.
themeparkfreak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #28 
doggyhog

Honestly I don't see anyone getting chewed out. I would be more then happy to send Alienbetta1 to another forum where they are not nearly as nice as us. There is great info there, and VERY smart people, but they don't tolerate ANYTHING.

Alienbetta1 came here to ask why her fish is acting ill. We said that it was the heat and she said that was too expensive and didn't want to spend the money. We are obviously going to reply saying she should get a heater..

I'm sorry, but I personally am very intolerant of people when they do that, part of it comes from me training dogs 24/7 but yeah...
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:06 PM   #29 
Jooleeah

Quote:
Alienbetta1 came here to ask why her fish is acting ill. We said that it was the heat and she said that was too expensive and didn't want to spend the money. We are obviously going to reply saying she should get a heater..
lol, i was actually going to be a lot meaner in my post but i refrained after i read over what i originally said. i dont want to hurt anyones feelings. :)
Jooleeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #30 
Jennyinurmouth

eh,
Jennyinurmouth is offline   Reply With Quote