Betta Fish Forum banner

Is there any reason...

893 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
why I couldn't put fry from two different spawns in the same grow out tank? The only thing I can think of that would be bad is that I might not be able to tell which fish is from which line, which would be bad when it comes around to selling them.

The first spawn is the one I've been planning. Sid/Nancy.. multicolor HM. The second one is going to be my blue marble HM Rio and a "calico" marble plakat female (I'm hoping to get a mix of HM and HMPK from this cross with some nice marbles).

I'm just not sure if I should get another grow out tank or divide the one I have or just let the fry mix. Any opinions?

#2 ·
I'm not sure but I think if they're on the same grow out tank without a divider the males might get aggresive towards each other with time since they're from different spawns, but if you divide it depending on how many gallons it is I think they'll be okay.

#3 ·
When the males start showing aggression they'll be jarred. I don't think they'll show aggression to a fish just because its from a different spawn. Once they start getting aggressive they usually bully everyone.

#4 ·
The only bad thing I can think of is not being able to tell the spawns apart!!! Then once they grow up you'll be confused about who's fry is who's and it will make it harder to sell them if you don't know who the parents are. LOL

#5 ·
Yeah.. thats what I was thinking. Maybe I'll get a divider and divide the 29 gallon. Thats 15gallons (about) per group.. should be enough. If not I'll also have a 10 and 5 gallon spawning tanks that I can put fry in as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.