betta fish

Old 05-31-2010, 05:44 PM   #41 
Jennyinurmouth

O.O' thank you.
Jennyinurmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:44 PM   #42 
Alienbetta1
Banned

Well maybe he did listen!But Im still not helping him!
Alienbetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:11 PM   #43 
Learn To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChampagne View Post
I'm actully thinking about getting a 3 Gallon tank for my Betta so that I can have the Goldfish by itself in the ten gallon..Goldfish require more care for longer...the betta will only live for a few years then I can get a halfmoon...the Goldfish on the other hand, will live for about twenty years... :)
I know everyone else has been bugging you. I'm going to bug you. And I'm sorry to say this, but I'm not sorry about bugging you.

a. even if the goldfish has the whole 10 gallon to itself, it will still outgrow it. Sure a goldfish can live 20 years, but only in the right conditions. A 10 gallon is not the "right conditions", it simply isn't big enough. So your goldfish is not going to live for 20 years.

b. if your betta is this "disposable" to you (forgive me if I'm interpreting the wrong way) why would you want another one? Bettas have lived up to 10 years, which is longer than your goldfish is going to live. Many members' bettas have lived from 3 to 5 years. See >>> http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=42247? I, for one, am very sad when one of my bettas dies. I have been known to cry, and I'm not ashamed about it. I'm sad to think that your betta is nothing but a disposable thing that you would rather replace with a different, better one.

c. if you want a HM, why don't you get rid of the goldfish. Divide the 10 gallon 3 or 4 ways and you can have your HM. But I would hope it gets better care than your current betta is getting.

That's all I have to say. But if I think of more I'll say it later.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:25 PM   #44 
Jennyinurmouth

Kudos to LTF
Jennyinurmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:27 PM   #45 
bettalover2033

yea i kept a betta with goldfish and learned the hard way of why not to keep a betta and a betta together:( but i wil never do it again
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:29 PM   #46 
1fish2fish

Ok.. just read this whole.. pointless thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyinurmouth View Post
I have a feeling he is going to post in the emergencies section saying.
"Help, my goldfish ate my betta, how do I get him out?"
This made me LOL seriously!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChampagne View Post
I'm actully thinking about getting a 3 Gallon tank for my Betta so that I can have the Goldfish by itself in the ten gallon..Goldfish require more care for longer...the betta will only live for a few years then I can get a halfmoon...the Goldfish on the other hand, will live for about twenty years... :)
A well cared for betta will live up to 7 years.. not three. Your goldfish will NOT live 20 years in a 10 gallon tank. Even at the petstore (where the idiots work) they say to have AT LEAST a 20 gallon tank.. TWENTY GALLONS. It doesn't matter how much you keep an eye on the water quality.. when it comes down to it there is not enough space.. plain and simple.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:41 PM   #47 
Learn To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyinurmouth View Post
Kudos to LTF

Though I doubt he'll listen to me any more than you. You've made some just as good arguments I'm sure.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:45 PM   #48 
Betta Slave

Yeah, guys... as Jennyinurmouth says... This thread is already dead horse puree... from being whipped too much!!
I wouldn't try any more. If he doesn't listen, so be it. But it won't be our problem when his goldfish and betta die due to not being properly taken care of!
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:02 PM   #49 
nochoramet

This thread just made me LOL. I agree with everyone else on here...but if you aren't going to listen then on your on head it be. Poor fishies
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:43 PM   #50 
MrChampagne

Talking

Well, my hasty fish comrads, It is suggested to use a 20 gallon tank in order to help with the water...to make it easier on yourself....And if you must know, I intend to get a 55 gallon tank with two goldfish....My fantail & a Black Moore...So yeah, thanks for the suggestion and ugh concerns & what not...but I think I'll be alright...Duces
MrChampagne is offline   Reply With Quote