I have a tank that i bought new at petsmart. I cant eyeball how many gallons it is but i want to say 5-10, and its a Hagen or something of that nature. Anyways, ever since i got it the fish i've put in it have become sick, no matter how good i clean it. A few days ago i got fed up so i bleached it and the decorations in it. I rinsed it out the best i could, and then rinsed it out even more with the hose in the back yard (it was getting really heavy and i couldnt keep picking it up and holding it in the bathtub. the things a beast.) Then i let it and the decorations sit outside for a few days to ferment, and now i have it back in the house, with a fish in it, and the fish is getting sick again. i took the fish out but i dont have anywhere to put him so he's in the container i got him in :(
Is he sick from the bleach? Should i have bleached the drcorations?
do they soak the bleach up? i was thinkiing of just putting new gravel in but idk if that will help.
ideas? should i just get a new tank?