Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-24-2010, 12:49 PM   #1 
Welsh

More Plants

Ok, so I went to my LFS today to buy some more plants, and got told that these plants should be the last ones I buy as I can overstock on plants and they arent good for the tank, is this even possible/right? From what I know already, plants can help our tanks so overstocking kinda stounds stupid
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #2 
Betta Fish Bob
Banned

Actually, they are right, sort of.

If you put so many plants in your betta tank that your fish are crowded it is detrimental to your fish.

just layer tall to short from front to back and leave plenty of room for them to swim.
Betta Fish Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #3 
Learn To Fly

Well...technically if your fish can still swim you aren't overstocked BUT...plants need to either be fertilized or have enough fish waste. If you only have one fish with billions of plants your plants are going to die unless you fertilize them. I'm just assuming, however, that your planted tank is a betta tank. If it's not then depending on the inhabitants and their numbers, that decides how many plants you can have.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:12 AM   #4 
Welsh

I have a few plants but there is plenty of room for them all to swim, I do fertilise in both the female community tank and the males tank with every water change, I was just stumped when they told me about overstocking on plants, now it makes sense lol.
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote