Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2014, 04:29 PM   #11 
Bailmint

Depends on what his tail type is, I may be able to take him if you learn how to ship fish...My comet goldfish just died and if he does turn out to be a single tail, I have a pond open for him when he grows up, and a 30g with a small goldfish (that will be moved to the pond once he's grown) that would work for a fancy.

Last edited by Bailmint; 08-02-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Bailmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:00 PM   #12 
litelboyblu

If he's a fancy an you learn how to ship fish I may be interested I have a 40 gallon tank and it ready to add another fancy goldfish! ! Unless you take bailmints request haha ! I hope you do find a home for him soon!i would love to see pic of him/her if possible ?
litelboyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:56 PM   #13 
Waldobubbles3

I will post a picture as soon as I get him! Do you guys think that would be whats best for him? I want him for myself but don't want to be responsible for his suffering.
Waldobubbles3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:21 PM   #14 
litelboyblu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldobubbles3 View Post
I will post a picture as soon as I get him! Do you guys think that would be whats best for him? I want him for myself but don't want to be responsible for his suffering.
Well it's up to you as the fish owner to decide what's best :) wherever you think he'll be the happiest is where you should place him ;) I'm not saying give him to me but hook me up as a last resort ^__^ I have a tank all ready to go if you don't find a home or if you don't want to keep him then just send me a pm :D
Old 08-02-2014, 11:45 PM   #15 
hrutan

It would probably be best to rehome him. Unless you can find a free tank on Craigslist or similar, you'll have to spend money, and he's going to physically outgrow that bowl, and probably much more quickly than you'll expect. This is not even counting how quickly his waste will build up, and how much work it will be to keep him healthy in such a tiny, tiny space. It looks like there are plenty of people that will give him a proper home, though!

Edit: It is, of course, your choice as the owner.
hrutan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:35 AM   #16 
Bailmint

Mhm, and if you can't find anyone locally to take him, you could take me or Blu up on our offers. If you do take one of us up just make sure to thoroughly read on shipping fish xD.

It's your choice as the owner, but he just can't live in a bowl. There's a condition that fish get when they're placed in a too-small tank. What happens is since their environment is too small, their outsides stop growing and their insides keep growing and they eventually die in excruciating pain. Not to mention the amount of waste build-up in .5g bowl.

A fancy would need around 30 gallons of water, minimum.
A single tail would need around 50 gallons of water, minimum. And even that is hard to take care of with Goldfish-they're pretty dirty fish.

Last edited by Bailmint; 08-03-2014 at 12:38 AM.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:08 AM   #17 
litelboyblu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailmint View Post
Mhm, and if you can't find anyone locally to take him, you could take me or Blu up on our offers. If you do take one of us up just make sure to thoroughly read on shipping fish xD.

It's your choice as the owner, but he just can't live in a bowl. There's a condition that fish get when they're placed in a too-small tank. What happens is since their environment is too small, their outsides stop growing and their insides keep growing and they eventually die in excruciating pain. Not to mention the amount of waste build-up in .5g bowl.

A fancy would need around 30 gallons of water, minimum.
A single tail would need around 50 gallons of water, minimum. And even that is hard to take care of with Goldfish-they're pretty dirty fish.
For one fancy it's 20 gallons and the following other fancies is 10 more gallons , or 20 for each fancy ;)
Old 08-03-2014, 02:55 AM   #18 
Bailmint

Yus I know but I used to get hate either way because people would say 'noooo it's 30 gallons' and SolidGold said it was 30 gallons :/.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:22 AM   #19 
litelboyblu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailmint View Post
Yus I know but I used to get hate either way because people would say 'noooo it's 30 gallons' and SolidGold said it was 30 gallons :/.
She did? I thought she said 20 for each, and tithra said 20 for the first 10 for the second and then she updated and said 20 for each :P oh well I'm confusing myself now XD
Old 08-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #20 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

If you think about it since goldfish are social you generally want a pair in 30 gallons. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote