Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #1 
SaylorKennedy

Ander's Planted Tank

Edit: Anders' ***

I've been working on this for a little bit, gathering everything for it and was going to put it in Chase's tank, but obviously that didn't work out so, it's in Anders' tank now. I found a 5lb bag of Caribsea Tahitian moon sand at Petsmart and always wanted some but didn't need 20lbs of it so it worked out. The grass in made up of layed out Marimo Balls, the rocks I found outside and the tree is 2 peices of mopani wood tied together with java moss tied to the branches. Eventually the carpet will attach itself together and grow so it won't look so blotchy.
This will definitely be staying. I know I rearrange my tanks a lot but this is my all time favorite scape I've done. The plants are really easy to care for so this should all be easy. Just do two water changes a week and that's the only maintenance I should have to do.

I'll post more pictures when the bubbles disappear within the next couple of days.

Last edited by SaylorKennedy; 05-28-2010 at 06:01 PM.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #2 
Jayy

Nice tank!! It looks very different from anything I've ever seen,but in a good way.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:04 PM   #3 
SaylorKennedy

Thanks Jay! I've been lurking at Plantedtank.net for a little while and they inspired me with all their beautiful planted tanks.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #4 
Welsh

It looks good =) How easy is the moss to maintain, can you just grow it in one section of the tank?
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #5 
SaylorKennedy

Java moss is extremely easy. It's really hard to kill. Eventually it will grow a lot and you'll have to trim it, but yes, you can just grow it in one spot if you want to.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:24 PM   #6 
Welsh

It looks really cool in your tank but does it need a lot of light?, I like that little tree too, its cute lol
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:29 PM   #7 
SaylorKennedy

Oh, you were talking about the marimo moss or "the grass." Well those usually come in balls, i just cut mine in half and stretched it out flat. They're extremely easy. They supposedly help with algae as they outcompete algae for nutrients.

The tree top is the java moss.

Both of them can be in tanks between low to high light so really any tank will do as long as it has some kind of light.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:20 PM   #8 
CodeRed

Lol! I love it! Like a little field (: Amazingly creative. The only thing I'd be worried about is it being too open, but I don't think that's really a huge problem. Looks great :D
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:40 PM   #9 
Kim

That is BEAUTIFUL! I am very jealous- my planted tanks never worked out :( Go figure, I'm good with animals, bad with plants lol.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:08 PM   #10 
doggyhog

WOAH SK!!!! That is a gorgeous tank!!!!!! Darn, your putting my plants to shame. LOL I need to do a good 'ol algae scrubbing..
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote