Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2010, 02:21 PM   #21 
SaylorKennedy

Thanks!
I have them wiggled into the sand so if I just am doing a quick water change I can use the airline tube and it will pick up any debris on the carpet. I can't fit a gravel vac in my tank. I plan on giving them "baths" as I hear they actually like that then I can also keep out any gunk that way.
Currently I just have Anders. I was thinking about some RCS and maybe getting a red female that I saw the other day. Then they'd match, lol. But it depends on if I will be adopting a betta from another user or not.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:03 PM   #22 
nochoramet

Wow SK your tank is so gorgeous... I'm jealous. I really, really want to plant my tank instead of having fake plants. It's very creative :)
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:51 PM   #23 
SaylorKennedy

More pics of Anders.

At this point I would share photos with you of the tank, but a certain fuzzy thing, seen here (note: you can't see his face for his protection :P), decided he wanted to check out what's going on and that led to jumping and a broken camera lens. Can't be mad at him though. :3

And just because this post needs more cuteness, Tegan! She didn't have time to do her hair for this snapshot, so that explains the "part" going on.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:04 AM   #24 
McAttack

Hahha, yeah those fuzzy creatures are deadly around a camera. Hardest part is to take a picture of them in the 2 seconds you have before they lick the lens. :)

When you say give the moss a bath, you mean in a dilluted solution? enlighten me please! I love planted tanks and I'm considering changing the lighting on my main 33g to be able to grow nicer stuff, and get a co2 injector.
McAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #25 
SaylorKennedy

Heh, yeah. Bandit especially likes to help clean the camera.

Ah, giving them a bath is just rinsing them out. They favor colder water to warm water so I'll just use some treated water and wash them out so any gunk that's in them can be flushed from them. And hopefully make them happy at the same time. Lol, I didn't know this at first, but people keep marimo balls as "pets."
Old 06-01-2010, 02:03 PM   #26 
McAttack

some people talk to lightposts, doesn't make it normal. ;) lol
McAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:09 PM   #27 
SaylorKennedy

Lol, very true.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #28 
vaygirl

That is so beautiful! And creative too. I love the carpet idea with the marimo. It looks so soft, I wanna lay in it. :P
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote