Ok.. I'm having a hard time visualizing what I want to do so I need help. I'm trying to "consolidate" my tanks by getting a couple 10 gallons and dividing them and taking down some of my smaller tanks.
Here is my current set up and who lives in each tank
- 10 gallon divided in half planted and cycled (Blue Jeans/ Jasper plus snail and ghost shrimp)
- 10 gallon divided 3 ways.. fake plants, no filter (Rio, Neptune, Sid)
- 6 gallon divided 3 ways.. fake plants, cycled (Demetri, Phoebe, Chaos)
- 4 gallon planted, cycled (Spots.. until monday plus 2 snails)
- 3 gallon cycled, fake plants (Big Red.. until monday plus 1 snail)
- 2.5 gallon cycled, fake plants (Freddie Mercury)
- 3 gallon, fake plants, no filter (Eros)
- 3 gallon, fake plants, no filter (Merlin)
- 2 gallon, fake plants, no filter (Alexander)
- 2 gallon, fake plants, no filter (Damon Salvatore)
- 1 gallon, fake plants, no filter (Nancy)
The tanks in red are staying as is, except I'll be moving some fish around in the 10 gallon. Sid is actually my Mom's fish and he'll be going to live with her after I spawn him and Nancy. Taking his place will be Eros. Freddie's tank has to stay because he needs to be away from other fish.. plus I like it where it is
I currently have an empty 10 gallon that I'll be dividing 4 ways (after much debate). In there I'd like to put Alexander, Damon, Blue Jeans, and Jasper.
In the first 10 gallon on the list I'd like to take the divider out and turn that into a sorority with Nancy, Phoebe, Helena, and Foxy (who will be arriving from Zenandra next week). That's 4 females in a heavily planted tank with ghost shrimp and 2 mystery snails. I may keep a female from one of the spawns I'm doing and put her in there as well.
It seems to work out well right? I just can't decide what to do with my 3, 6, and 4 gallon tanks. Once Spots and Big Red leave on Tuesday the 3 and 4 gallons will be empty. I'm considering giving the 4 gallon to my Mom but keep the plants, etc (she has more money than I do and can buy her own accessories).. that way she can keep Sid in there. That would leave me with a 6 gallon with 2 fish in it (because Phoebe would be in the sorority) and a 3 gallon.
I could either 1.. keep both tanks 2.. get another 10 gallon and divide it 4 ways putting Demetri and Chaos in there as well as 2 choice picks from my spawns. I'm leaning towards getting another 10 gallon.
Is any of this making any sense? I'm so confused right now I can't tell which way is up it seems LOL I can't even tell if I'm actually consolidating my tanks or just replacing them. My main goal is to try to have the least amount of plugs running as possible.
I think I'm going to try writing it on paper
oh.. and in case you were wondering because I didn't mention him. Merlin will be staying in his 3 gallon until I decide to adopt him out and he goes to a new home.