Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #11 
Jooleeah

Is it a used tank or did you buy it from a store? There could have been something in the tank from when if it was last used (if it was)
Jooleeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:16 PM   #12 
vegascopester

It was used. I cleaned it out as well as I thought it would need, with no soap or any dangerous chemicals.
I took the water in to get sampled, in the big tank, everything was fine, amonia, nitrate, nitrite were all normal. It wasn't a number test, just color, but in that everything was ok, in the small bowl there was a high content of nitrites, so I have moved her into the large tank. She is currently swimming trying to get to the bottom, but bobbing up.
vegascopester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:22 PM   #13 
Jooleeah

what did you clean it out with? there could still be bacteria living in there that water couldnt have gotten rid of. You should probably remove her, put her back in her old tank for a while, then bleach it and all the decorations (1 part bleach, 9 parts water) rinse it out really good, then rinse it out again, and then leave it outside in the sun for two-four days. Hopefully that will kill anything thats in there before it kills your fish.

Last edited by Jooleeah; 05-29-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Jooleeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 04:40 AM   #14 
vegascopester

I wanted to thank everyone for their help, but despite my attempt to help her, Eleanor passed a couple hours ago. She will be missed very much.
vegascopester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:03 AM   #15 
Kim

I am so sorry :(

If you want to reuse the tank I would bleach out everything well before using again. There is really no harm in using bleach as long as you rinse, rinse, and rinse some more. I hope everything works out better for you in the future.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:05 AM   #16 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I'm really sorry. :(
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote