Yesterday, I bought some sealant and cleaned out Kyle Jr.'s & Amai's 10 gallon tank. I relocated the plants to other tanks and rinsed out the sand. Then scrubbed the glass and dried it out. Spent a good hour measuring, taping, cutting, trimming and placing the divider. Then I applied the silicone, making sure it went through the divider holes from each side. I then let it sit for about an hour before I removed a few of the tape strips. About 8 hours after silicone was added, I removed all the tape and left it alone.
Today, around noon, I rinsed the tank and silicone several times. I then added the rocks, to give the plants a deeper sand bed, until I can buy more and to make it more interesting. Next came the sand and then an inch of water over the sand. I moved the tank from the kitchen, where I was doing the renovation, and placed the tank back in it's spot next to the other small tanks. I slowly filled the tanks up so not to disturb the sand. Eventually the heater and filter were turned on. Once filled, I left the tank for about 2 hours before moving the Betta back into their homes.
The other two Betta were very glad to get their sections back! They swam all over and were very cheery.
So now, here are the pics, Unfortunately, my cameras battery was charging while I was working, so pics of the process will have to wait until I do the other tanks. One thing I learned though, is not to bother with tape, I was careful not to make a mess. The tape just made bits of it loose to have cut off later. I'll be glad not to have those two steps in the way next time around.
This is basically what the tank looked like before the change, this is the 2nd 10 gallon I still have to upgrade.
This is my 20 gallon long that also needs to be upgraded to better dividers.
This is the 2nd 10 gallon while it held all 4 Betta for the duration of the upgrade.
Here is the finished tank before the Betta went in.
And with their inhabitants.