Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #31 
CodeRed

The book is called Shadowell. The main character is Number 3076, eventually naming himself Narai'in Taranae, a slave fighter in the "Golden City" of Sharai. He was born into slavery, and marked from birth as a fighter. Due to his mark, he was raised differently than the other slaves, trained in the arts of fighting. Due to this, he excels in almost all forms of fighting, but dagger-throwing is his preferred style. On his eighteenth birthday, he's given to the Emperor of Sharai, and forced to fight in life-or-death matches, the first he's been in. He is finally graduated from slave fighting, and becomes an "assassin" of sorts for the emperor, though he's beginning to grow away from his dependency on the empire. He breaks free from the Emperor's control, and finds out that he's of the Thar'rack bloodline, a race of nomadic people known for their seemingly mystical bonds to huge animals. He seeks them out, and begins being retrained to lose his casualty towards life. He achieves greater and greater strength and humanity, but he's still an outcast among his own people. He bonds first with a young albino eaglet, who would have died without his help. Later, he bonds to an albino puma, for the same reason. Finally, he bonds to a mystical creature, a shii'a'siin, a snake-like being trapped in a world of darkness. He leaves the Thar'rack, realizing he was beginning to become hated among them, for a four-bonded pair is very, very rare, and jealousy was beginning to rise among them. After an attempt on the shii'a'siin's life, he decides staying with the Thar'rack will end up killing one of them, and the death of one would severely traumatize the others. He is twenty-three when he leaves. He is joined by Ashion, a white-haired mage of about twenty years, who is bonded to a black wolf, who is also a mage. The two men become close, and eventually return to Sharai, to fulfill Narai'in's dream of freeing the slaves. However, they become sidetracked when Narai'in is targeted by assassins who wish to see him and his bondeds dead. They realize they are being stalked by a Shadowell, an intelligent being that can shift its form by will, read minds in a primitive way, and somewhat control emotions.

That's just the basics XD It's still VERY loose, as I don't like how god-modded powerful Narai'in is, but that'll change. ^-^

LONG POST.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #32 
DragonFish

Ooooooo, I'm thinking this is a book I'm going to have to go pick up....sounds complicated, deep, and still mystical and such...just my style ;D

Lol, looks like Ashi will me taking me to a book store this weekend xDD

Hmm...and maybe I should change La's name to the name of that black wolf.....
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:17 PM   #33 
CodeRed

XD It's the book I'M making, though! xDD You did know that, right? Or did I just totally read that wrong? ;-;
-confused again-

Gahhh.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:25 PM   #34 
DragonFish

O.o its a book your writing?! Really? How did I not catch that? o.o*feels like an idiot*
Your gonna publish it right? 'Cause I'd totally go buy and read that, like, over and over O-O

xDD OKAY! So, because your awesome, I'm naming these guys Ashion and Tak'eran ;)
Old 05-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #35 
CodeRed

OMG YAY XD I feel like I own part of them now, heheh. I hope I can publish it xD Heck, I hope I can finish it! I ALWAYS start stories, then never finish them. It's so hard to keep the motivation flowing Dx
Old 05-30-2010, 02:29 PM   #36 
DragonFish

Lol!! xDD Hehe, you kinda of do own part of them now ;)

Haha, I SO know what you mean!! I can't COUNT the number of unfinished stories I've got going O.o
I would totally LOVE to read that book though, its sounds AMAZING!! And I'm sure LOTS of other people would love it! xD
Just don't forget us little people when you become a big time author ;)
Old 05-30-2010, 02:31 PM   #37 
CodeRed

Bah, forget the little people? How many times have I longed to write my favorite author? Never will I forget the littles xDD

Now, fetch me a sammich. :D
Old 05-30-2010, 02:34 PM   #38 
DragonFish

Hehe, Yes Ma'am! xD-hops off to make sammich- Would you like ham or turkey? ;D

Rofl xDDD Ahhh, your motivating me to write now!! Adn that's bad, I need to do schooooooooooooooool so I can graduaaaaaaaaaaate o-o
Old 05-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #39 
CodeRed

Turkey, woman! xD

Bah, I have my last 2 finals on Tuesday, then I'm dooonneee :DDD I'm so excited and sad at the same time. I made some REALLY good friends this year, so I'm scared I won't see them again ):

And DO write! :D I LOVE reading stories x3 I'm such a book geek.

Edit... I spelled turkey wrong ):

Last edited by CodeRed; 05-30-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:37 PM   #40 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Wow that's great Codered! Good luck and I hope everything works out for you. :) We'll all be the first ones to get it! :P
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote