Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-26-2010, 03:14 PM   #1 
BettaSquirt

Thumbs up Thinking of Going Vegan?

Title says it all! I've been a vegetarian for a while but i want to go further. I believe in animal rights and i don't want to eat or use anything that has been tested, made out of, etc. in animals. Anyone have any tips for me? Thanks!
BettaSquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #2 
Learn To Fly

Sorry to ask this and I hope I don't seem rude, but even honey? I have worked with bees and honey and it's very rewarding. The bees are hardly ever harmed (one or two might get squished in putting the hive parts back but not if you're very careful) and generally they never notice that they're there.

Sorry. Of course, if you are going to go completely vegan then you aren't going to eat honey. Just had to ask.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:27 PM   #3 
Sella

I just had this same conversation today with my vegetarian friend. She was thinking of going vegan but decided against it because of honey and the fact she loves cheese.

I personally might find it a little restrictive, but I have respect for those with willpower. Good for you.

Last edited by Sella; 05-26-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: spelling!
Sella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #4 
doggyhog

I could never be a Vegetarian let alone a Vegan.

I personally don't like to eat meat that was not organically raised (which is not a problem since I live in the country) and I could never not eat dairy...

How about just eating organic dairy products and not the other stuff that has all kinds of junk in it? I'm not against people being Vegan, don't get me wrong. But I honestly don't see how it can be very healthy without working very hard on it. (I could be very wrong though...)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:11 PM   #5 
Betta Slave

I'm a vegetarian, but I could never go vegan! Going vegan means no ice cream. I can't live without ice cream.... ;)
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #6 
ninjafish

I would do a LOT of research into ways that you can make up for the vitamin and mineral loss that you're not going to be getting from animal-based products. I know of several people IRL who decided they were going to go vegan, but they didn't do it correctly. They're constantly sick and have had many other health problems such as irritated bowels, dental problems, etc. Only my dad's girlfriend's daughter seemed to realize she was doing something wrong and decided to do some hard research..She's much healthier now, but is also making animal-friendly choices.
ninjafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #7 
BettaSquirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyhog View Post
I could never be a Vegetarian let alone a Vegan.

I personally don't like to eat meat that was not organically raised (which is not a problem since I live in the country) and I could never not eat dairy...

How about just eating organic dairy products and not the other stuff that has all kinds of junk in it? I'm not against people being Vegan, don't get me wrong. But I honestly don't see how it can be very healthy without working very hard on it. (I could be very wrong though...)
Yeah i've changed my mind, i'm doing exactly what you said. Just organic dairy food and no meat. It was way to hard for just a day xD my mom wouldnt think i would do it and neither could my friends so i just gave up.
BettaSquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:06 PM   #8 
cmndrJOE

You vegitarians go ahead and eat the solution to global warming, I'm going to enjoy eating the problems lol.

How can you not eat steak, chicken, or pork? Sooooooo delicious! Mmmm, a new york steak sounds in order for dinner tonight, with a big ol glass of milk.

Oh actually I think I have some deer sausages in my freezer.... I could bbq those up....

Darn it now you people got me hungry, and I am stuck at work until 11 tonight lol.
cmndrJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:07 PM   #9 
Betta Slave

I just don't find meat very appealing. I prefer salad and veggies. Hehehe.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #10 
cmndrJOE

You are certianly missing out on the finer things in life. Not to say salad and veggies aren't good, they're just a heck of a lot better with meat lol.
cmndrJOE is offline   Reply With Quote