Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2010, 09:03 PM   #1 
rogue619

New here. So, presenting my betta buddies.

Hi folks! Been loving your site here since I started keeping fish again. I'm allergic to anything with fur, so fish are pretty much what I can have. Started again with a nice acrylic 12 gallon setup that I have platys and glowfish and corys and a snail in, but then went betta crazy lol. I now have 5 males, and 4 females. So, of course, pictures must ensue! Pictures are taken with my cellphone, so probably not spectacular.

These are my "tanks". One is a divided 10 gallon aquarium. One is a divided kritter keeper thing, like 3.5 gallons. And the last one is a 1.5 gallon old school solid glass cookie jar lol. It was my great grandma's and is really old. It's maybe a little small, but it works well, and my little dude Pumpkinhead loves it!

This is Red October, a red VT:

This is Blue Velvet, a blue VT. Incredibly hard to get his blue colors to come out in the tank he is in with the light they have. He is mostly blue, with the typical iridescent areas, but his long ventral fins are mostly red.

This was the third betta I got, Confuscious. I was told he is a Double Loop tail, I don't know if that's correct or not, because his tail has a slight fork in it. He has iridescent blue eyes, scale tips, and stripes through his tail. Mostly tan/brown body, and whiteish/pinkish fins with darker pink/red spots on them.

I got these next two CT's at Wal-Mart. Was amazed when my local store got bettas this nice in! One is an orange CT named Pumpkinhead, who is still young and smaller than the others. The second is Cloak and Daggers, a Black Orchid and/or Butterfly CT I believe.

And last but not least is my little sorority. So far the girls are still, no-so-politely-, trying to establish who is queen and who is prettiest, so there are some torn fins. I don't have any place else to put them to heal up at the moment, at least not as nice and heated and filtered as what they are in, so they just have to learn to live together. They are getting better the last couple days, less chasing and nipping. First is Rosy:

Then Freckles:

Then Queeny, who is a CT:

Last, is the "big boss lady", Aurora. A beautiful fish, possibly a Combtail. She chased the other ones a lot, but less lately. Seems to finally be getting along with them better.

A staredown with Rosy:

Hanging with Freckles:

Well there we go. That's it for now. Maybe better pics later. I am planning more, plus some upgrades, but need to save up first. No job=too poor for fishies lol. I would give my left arm for a dragon betta, but I live too far away from any convenient transhippers, so shipping is a ton, and about an hour and a half to two hours from any Petcos or anything like that. I have a lot of dragon stuff, as well as being a dragon on the chinese zodiac, so I will have one eventually come hell or high water lol! (I'm also a huge Star Wars fan, but I don't see them coming out with a "Jedi Tail" anytime soon ;p )
rogue619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:13 PM   #2 
Betta Slave

Lots of Bettas!
Love them- all very pretty!
I want your black orchid... 0.o He's just gorgeous!
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:13 PM   #3 
Zenandra
Banned

I love all of your boys!! Especially Pumpkin Head!!! Your poor rosy girl is a bit beat up isn't she? Is there any way you can add some more plant to the tank so they have more places to hide?? And it would be a good idea to add some aquarium salt so the ones with ripped fins don't develop any infections or fin rot. I love your 10 gallon and the divided critter keeper! Bettas are wonderfully addicting aren't they?? If you have any questions at all please feel free to pm me! And Welcome to the Forum!!
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:17 PM   #4 
Jooleeah

Quote:
I'm also a huge Star Wars fan, but I don't see them coming out with a "Jedi Tail" anytime soon ;p )
hahahahaha.
lovely fish btw :) queenie's adorable
Jooleeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:25 PM   #5 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Your fish are beautiful! Welcome to the forum and the betta addiction! :)
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:32 PM   #6 
rogue619

@Zenandra-There is salt in there. Has been since they started chasing each other. It's pretty plant heavy as we speak. Hard to squeeze more in. I'm hoping to find an appropriately small cave type hiding spot. Or at least make one when I have the cash.

Thank you for the compliments, keep them coming ;) I'm proud of them so far. Cloak and Daggers has a bit of a stuck gil-flap and he wouldn't eat for awhile when i got him, but he is back to a full life bar now! :)
rogue619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:38 PM   #7 
Jayy

Gorgeous bettas!!!!!!!!!!!! I also like your 10gal and your kritter keeper.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:24 AM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Their beautiful!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:16 AM   #9 
wallywestisthebest333

I'm gonna find you and steal pumpkin head.

just sayin.

Your bettas are GORGEOUS! <3

I feel your walmart pain! </3

I saw two BEAUTIFUL crowntails at Walmart but one was getting ready to kick the bucket (shame because I fell in love with him! He woulda been my Booster! </3). I wanna get the other but I haven't been there since... I think Monday. So the other might be bad off by now. =/

Good luck with your babies! <3
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:19 AM   #10 
XrAdEr

VERY NICEEE! And welcome to the site!
XrAdEr is offline   Reply With Quote