Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-01-2010, 01:22 AM   #11 
1fish2fish

Gorgeous fish. Have you thought about getting one or two more females? It might help spread the aggression around.

And the one with the spotted tail.. Confucious? I think he's a VT that had a split tail at one point :) I don't think he's a double tail. I LOVE his coloring BTW.

Welcome to the forum!
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:51 AM   #12 
mysquishy

Great looking bettas! I love the orange CT and the female CT.
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:15 AM   #13 
rogue619

@wallywestisthebest333-You can't have pumpkinhead ;p and my Wal-Mart has actually been pretty good. These two awesome CT's came from there, and they have been selling before they get bad off. In fact I was out of town last weekend and got to a Petco, and the closest thing I found to my dragon I want, was dead in it's little bowl, and the rest were all kinda plain or half dead, so Wal-Mart by comparison, mine anyways, has been good lately. @1fish2fish-My sorority is currently the middle section of my divided 10 gallon. I made it the biggest section, so probably 4-5 gallons, but there are 4 fems in there already, not much room for more. And I didn't say Confuscious was a Double Tail, the vendor said it was a Double Loop tail. I don't know for sure, but I dont think it's a healed split either, cuz it is very natural looking and he has a red stripe that goes straight from the back of his body, directly to the point where the fork starts. I dont think there is any way his stripe would have that good of "aim" if it wasn't supposed to be like that lol.
rogue619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #14 
1fish2fish

oops.. sorry.. I miscounted your girls. I thought the first two were the same fish.

Its possible Confucius is a fused double tail but judging by his other fins I don't think so. Double Tails have a trade mark sail like dorsal fin, whereas Confucius has a very nice VT dorsal. But I guess its possible he could still have some DBT in his background. There's no such thing as a double loop tail :)
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #15 
vilmarisv

LOVE yout tanks!
SOOO many little fishies! Beautiful!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:48 AM   #16 
wallywestisthebest333

Exclamation

Oh my gosh! My walmart is that way too! I mean there were some sickly fish but there were lots of healthy ones, and when I went to the petsmart just down the road the bettas were mostly sick and lethargic. I wonder if this is a summer phenomenon?
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:40 AM   #17 
rogue619

No, I know there is no such thing as a double loop tail. That's just what my local pet store guy said. Regardless of why he looks like he does, it certainly makes him unique! And yes, I hope my Wal-Mart keeps it up. Like I said I am a long drive from anything else, and Wal-Mart is cheaper anyways, plus I get a 10% discount cuz my dad works for Wal-mart transportation! Muhahahaha
rogue619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:38 AM   #18 
newfishmom

LOVE Confuscious! And I want Queeny!!
newfishmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:30 AM   #19 
Alienbetta1
Banned

Love em!!!
Alienbetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:33 AM   #20 
CodeRed

Hmm, the reason your sorority is having trouble might be because of the size. 4-5 gallons? Doesn't seem like enough space for that many girls. Usually, it's suggested a full 10 gallons is needed, so each girl has their own hiding spot they can retreat to when the bullying gets bad. If possible, I'd suggest making it so that the girls get the 10 gallon all by themselves, and move the two boys into either another split tank, or tanks of their own.

Other than that, lovely bettas, and welcome to the forum!
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote