Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #1 
AnimeFish

New Member Intro W/Pics

Hello out there, new member here. Feeling that I should give a intro about my guys and a little about myself. I was debating about getting a Betta or two a few years ago. I decided to go for it in January.

Everybody at the pet store and some friends that had Betta's, said that they were super easy to take care. I was told they can stay in small tanks (or vases) and basically feed them, clean their water every week or so. Not much can go wrong. That was an understatement.

Renji (My Red VT) fins were getting a little ragged about a month ago. Found this forum when I was googling on what it could be. Needless to say that I am impressed with the information on here and got Renji's fins better. So I decided to join.

Slowly working on improving my tanks so my Betta's can have more room to swim around in. Currently have a short term 2 liter Betta vase, (2) 1 gal, (1) 2 gal, (1) 3 gal, (1) 5 gal, (1) 10 gal. Planning on getting larger tanks (3-20 gal) when I move to my apartment in the end of summer, when I go to college.

Now for pictures

Shinji

Renji

Hiei

Hotohori

Light AKA Kira

Kenshin

Girls: Top Right-Washu, Bottom Right-Kaede, Top Left-Sasami, Bottom Left - Sugar

Kaeda (Blue) & Washu

Kaeda (She is missing an eye)

Sasami

Here is big bad Ryoko. I have her by herself because she is just to rough for the other girls. She is the one that tore everybody up real bad.

Pictures are not the greatest but it is not easy taking pictures of moving targets with a cheap little digital camera. For those who are wondering where the names came from it's simple. I am an anime freak so they are all named after anime characters
AnimeFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:38 PM   #2 
CodeRed

Baha, DragonFish will love you ^-^ She's an anime person, too. I'm more of a manga (:
Aaanyways, welcome to the forum! You've got some lovelies, especially.... Hotohori, I think his name was? At any time you can feel free to send him this way ((; Lovely, lovely.
Feel free to ask questions, as we're here to answer! You've already started out well with the pictures xD We looovvee them.

Last edited by CodeRed; 06-03-2010 at 11:38 PM. Reason: I spelled Baha wrong! Is that even possible??
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:51 AM   #3 
AnimeFish

That cool that there are some anime/manga people on here. Maybe we can make a game to see who knows what anime the Betta's are named from.

I just feel in love with Hotohori when I saw him. He was shy at first, but is coming around. The pictures really don't show the silver coloring on him. Its really cool.

Well I showed some pictures of the Betta's so now I guess its on to the horses. I work really hard for these guys and I just love them to bits. I've been with horses for about 9 years now. Planning on going to college and get my farrier and equine heath and therapies degree.

Diego- 7-8 year old Appendix Quarter Horse. I've had him for 5 years.

Moontahr- 6 year old Solid Paint. I've had him for almost 4 years

Last is Frasier. 15 year old AQHA. I've had him for 1 1/2 years. Was my surprise horse. Was planning on getting a Percheron or some other draft horse, as my third horse in the near future. Until my barn owner came over and asked me if I wanted him. Couldn't say no to that face.

Please ignore the stupid look on my face. I cant take a good picture to save my life.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:53 AM   #4 
Allenbetta

Washu,Sasami and Kaeda have eggs,you may start the breeding them with male if you like.
Allenbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:41 AM   #5 
BettaxFishxCrazy

LOVE your horses!! I had an Appendix Quarter Horse and Pure Quarter Horse...love them! :) Your fish are beautiful. What do you do with them? Western, English, etc?
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:16 AM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:22 AM   #7 
bloo97

Welcome! Lots of pretty animals you've got there! Light, AKA Kira, looks alot like Dragon.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:43 PM   #8 
AnimeFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaxFishxCrazy View Post
LOVE your horses!! I had an Appendix Quarter Horse and Pure Quarter Horse...love them! :) Your fish are beautiful. What do you do with them? Western, English, etc?
Thanks! Right now nothing particular. My background riding is English (mainly hunters and dressage) My guys are basically all around. I do both Western and English on them.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:15 PM   #9 
Zenandra
Banned

Gorgeous bettas!! And I love your horses!!! I've been involved with horses for 16 years! I currently have 2 percheron/thoroughbred crosses (1 mare (Amber) 1 gelding (Liberty)) and a miniature gelding (Rascal) and will hopefully be adopting a nurse mare foal in the near future! Welcome to the forum btw
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

We've got quite a few horse people on this forum. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote