Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-01-2010, 03:25 AM   #1 
Venom

Charlie Bit My Finger!

Hello, I'm new here. Well, sort of. I made this account a while ago, after I got my first betta, and I only just remembered it existed. So here I am, and here are my bettas.

Charlie is my first betta, named after the little kid in that video, when he jumped and gave me a nip on my finger the first day I brought him home. He's extremely passive, and the one time I floated a betta inside his tank (who was attempting to shred his fins though plastic) he swam headfirst in to his Rotala... too cute, but I'm bias.

I assume he's an orange dalmatian, though he does have a blue spot right in the middle of his dorsal, and a tiny one on his caudal. He also has some purple iridescence which I'll try and get a photo of tomorrow morning. I took this photo just then during a water change, and I had to use macro (darn night time) so it's blurry, but the best I could get.

Charlie lives in a 10 gallon to himself with a few leafy friends...

Please excuse the raggedy fins, he's blown them about five times flaring at absolutely nothing - I checked, it was either the door or the wall.

I also had a blue and black butterfly halfmoon, who was honestly gorgeous, but he's currently with my cousin. His name is Racing Stripes, mainly because I was watching Racing Stripes on television the day we got him, but he also showed stress stripes for about a week after that. He ended up having to be re-homed because he couldn't deal with the other bettas in sight in my room, or the traffic in other areas of the house. I'll see if I can get a photo of him though.

The last betta I own is a solid red halfmoon, Grapefruit. His name was a joke, but it obviously stuck. Bringing him home I said that he looked like a cross section of a ruby grapefruit, and that should be his name. He's currently dealing with some nasty fin rot, and his dorsal was a little curled when I bought him, but I still love the little guy. He inhabits a 3 gallon bowl, but I'll be upgrading him to a 5 gallon with soon. I'll snap a photo of him in the morning, too.

If you survived reading that essay of an introduction to my fish, it'll be great meeting other fish fanatics like myself! I'll make sure to get a few snaps of my other guys asap, and some of my other fish, and maybe even some of my furry non-finned friends too.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #2 
Jayy

Beautiful boy!!! I can't wait to see the rest. They have such great names!!!!!!!!
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #3 
bloo97

Cool Fishy!

:D :D :D :D
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:31 AM   #4 
bettaman900

very cool.

bettaman900
bettaman900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #5 
mysquishy

Charlie is so pretty. I like his blue and orange spots. :)
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:12 PM   #6 
FuulieQ

Aw, all you guys have such pretty fish! I love your dalmatian, welcome back tot he forum. :)
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:25 AM   #7 
metalbetta

That little blue spot is ADORABLE! But it seems we have something in common. I'm starting to have serious doubts about my bettas' intelligence... haha, I have yet to have any of them blow out their fins, but still... they do dumb things for absolutely no reason... all the time. I wish you guys could meet them just so you could see what I mean!
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:10 AM   #8 
Venom

Aww, Charlie says thanks. :)

Metalbetta, I'm sure they're not that unintelligent... just goofy. x3 Though I'm glad I'm not the only one with bettas who do ridiculous things, which leads me to the issue of Grapefruit's fin rot.

He bites, it rots. It heals, he bites, it rots. It heals, he bites, it rots. It heals... okay, I think I've got my point across. I change his water everyday, he bites. I block his view of everything with paper, he still bites. I put in more plants, bites, more plants, bites some more. Put some interesting things near him, still more biting. Moved him to a 5 gallon, and I'm watching him like a hawk. I can see it coming...

So here is Grapefruit, I took these at 3am, so I have only myself to blame for the bad quality...

Here, you can see his fin damage better, including the dorsal curling he had when I brought him home. Poor guy, he'd look nice if his fins weren't so messed up.

And here, a photo that was so bad it went all the way around and back to good.

Annnnd, a picspam of Charlie, because he's just so photogenic... ehem. No, I didn't take 100 photos just to get these few where I could actually make out the shape of a fish, what gave you that idea?

Ahh, his blue eyes. <3

He moved. :(

And, my favourite. Charlie trying to eat the camera lens. I turned away and I look back at the screen, and he's got his mouth open on the glass. xD

And last one, I promise. Charlie sticking his head in the gravel, looking for food.

Hehe, nose dive. Okay, I'm done. I tried to get some of my Clown Loaches and Guppies, who just thought I had food, then my Fancies, who kept waddling thier adorable tennis ball bodies around. I didn't even try the Commons, as soon as they see me they don't stop moving. x3

But there you have it, my Bettas.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:45 AM   #9 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Hello, I'm new here. Well, sort of. I made this account a while ago, after I got my first betta, and I only just remembered it existed. So here I am, and here are my bettas.

Charlie is my first betta, named after the little kid in that video, when he jumped and gave me a nip on my finger the first day I brought him home. He's extremely passive, and the one time I floated a betta inside his tank (who was attempting to shred his fins though plastic) he swam headfirst in to his Rotala... too cute, but I'm bias.

I assume he's an orange dalmatian, though he does have a blue spot right in the middle of his dorsal, and a tiny one on his caudal. He also has some purple iridescence which I'll try and get a photo of tomorrow morning. I took this photo just then during a water change, and I had to use macro (darn night time) so it's blurry, but the best I could get.

Charlie lives in a 10 gallon to himself with a few leafy friends...

Please excuse the raggedy fins, he's blown them about five times flaring at absolutely nothing - I checked, it was either the door or the wall.

I also had a blue and black butterfly halfmoon, who was honestly gorgeous, but he's currently with my cousin. His name is Racing Stripes, mainly because I was watching Racing Stripes on television the day we got him, but he also showed stress stripes for about a week after that. He ended up having to be re-homed because he couldn't deal with the other bettas in sight in my room, or the traffic in other areas of the house. I'll see if I can get a photo of him though.

The last betta I own is a solid red halfmoon, Grapefruit. His name was a joke, but it obviously stuck. Bringing him home I said that he looked like a cross section of a ruby grapefruit, and that should be his name. He's currently dealing with some nasty fin rot, and his dorsal was a little curled when I bought him, but I still love the little guy. He inhabits a 3 gallon bowl, but I'll be upgrading him to a 5 gallon with soon. I'll snap a photo of him in the morning, too.

If you survived reading that essay of an introduction to my fish, it'll be great meeting other fish fanatics like myself! I'll make sure to get a few snaps of my other guys asap, and some of my other fish, and maybe even some of my furry non-finned friends too.
wow this is funny that you say because yesterday (wednesday ) i bough the same exact orange dalmatian :P
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:54 AM   #10 
ashitaka6

They're really pretty!
ashitaka6 is offline   Reply With Quote