Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2010, 01:47 PM   #1 
Terranariko

Another betta?!

seems my dad likes berry too, but he dislikes the goldfish I have (ironicly gotten by suprise BY my parents...>.>) since they mess up the tank a lot. so he said around the 23-28 of next month he'll get another tank like berry has a 2.65gallon,a heater,the fish itself, and since I already have food and conditioner it's fine. He might buy some more plants for it too. and I'll most likely give away the goldfish to my sister, she has no pets currently so yeah.

So basicly I'm getting another betta for a gift from my dad but instead of a suprise like he unfortunately did with the goldfish, this time it's all planed and stuff. question is...I don't know if I want a male or a female...I know later (MUCH later like a year or so from now) I want to start breeding betta's in a tank that I will get, it's around 250gallons to 300gallons, has a stand to suport it, and it's very pretty...makes a large home and a nice decor for a house. that tank thought cost like almost 2,000 dollars (not includeing the heater and plants and base and stuff so that might be a extra 500dollars and stuff)...so yeah I need to work durning the summer and save up as much as I can while saving up for my own house and other things...anyway...250-300 gallons should be enough for breeding betta's right? plently of room and stuff.

now thing is I can just get another male betta...and yeah, but if I want to breed em, it be better to get a female...then again that can be done later on...
I'd also like to adopt or save one from walmart...but my walmart doesn't sell fish anymore.
and for adopting...I don't think the fish will surive a trip up to canada...sure it's spring/summer and it's fare-ly warm right now...I also can't pay shipping and stuff unless I can do it inperson to the delivery guy...I don't like useing tecnologi for that stuff...very confuseing for me...(don't I sound old?)

now...ordering online...yeah I can get MUCH pretty-er fish...but again...I need to get a pay-pal thing...could be done but only when I start working this summer full time. I think there is a breeder closer around here anyway...so the betta will most likely surive the trip...

oh...so confuseing...>.< at least I'm not nervous to get the betta fish like I was with berry...but...eh...I'm still wondering how I should get the fish...adopt from one of you? order online? pet stores around here? order from a breeder?...>.<

this topic really has no point...just spreading thoughts in my head...
you know what I would like? A chocolate colored betta...I could call him truffle. =3 but I've NEVER seen chocolate colored betta's before around here...maybe from a breeder? =?

maybe I should look on aquabid?...
Terranariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 04:00 PM   #2 
beta novice

just keep searching and you will find the ideal one for you
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:22 PM   #3 
Betta Slave

Like Betta Novice says. I've been looking forever for a girl with some brown marbling, and yesterday, I found one! (My avatar.) I would look in the pet stores- that way you'd be saving a betta, and if you look in the back, you'll find some really nice ones (people hide the nice ones in the back.)
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:23 PM   #4 
Terranariko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
Like Betta Novice says. I've been looking forever for a girl with some brown marbling, and yesterday, I found one! (My avatar.) I would look in the pet stores- that way you'd be saving a betta, and if you look in the back, you'll find some really nice ones (people hide the nice ones in the back.)
in the back huh...maybe I should ask him if he has betta's in the back of the petshop...he seems to have other tanks back there and stuff. the same petstore where I got berry...

actually I went there a week ago...sad thing is most of the betta's I saw there before where still there. ._. includeing a wild one...but his fins are so torn I don't think they would heal...maybe I'll take him if he is still alive when I look for another one...but it's only in a month or more...I don't think he will be alive...or still there...but who knows...he was reallly active though...for a betta that lost his fins.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:35 PM   #5 
Betta Slave

Poor betta :(
Lol in the back- I mean in the back of the shelf where they keep the bettas.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:41 AM   #6 
beta novice

yeah i tryed to do that but someone took it i am like awww
Old 05-31-2010, 09:31 PM   #7 
Learn To Fly

I don't think you need a 250-300 gallon tank to breed bettas. If I'm not mistaken, a 20 gallon will do :)
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:34 PM   #8 
Terranariko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learn To Fly View Post
I don't think you need a 250-300 gallon tank to breed bettas. If I'm not mistaken, a 20 gallon will do :)
oh?...well...umm...I guess that could work...I thought of a 250 gallon so it needs less water changes and less likely to kill the fry....oh well...20 gallons is more manage-a-ble it think.

if I can find a female I'll get her but besides that it's most likely gonna be a male.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:13 PM   #9 
beta novice

have you reaserched your brains out on breeding?