Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-02-2010, 03:32 AM   #1 
metalbetta

Question Creative Ideas, Anyone?

A couple of days ago (as some of you may already know...) I adopted Cameron from lastbook87 via The Betta Adoption Thread. By the way, check that thread out!

He'll be on his way here tomorrow, so I began setting his tank up tonight. I grabbed a 1 gallon tank from wal mart tonight since Cameron seems to like smaller spaces (I plan on getting AT LEAST a 1.5 gallon tank for each of my guys once I get my own place later this summer)... Anyway it has 2 large plants in it, a few rocks, shells, marbles, the basics. Stumped on everything else. The decorations at wal mart were either too big, too corny, or made me fear for the life of whatever fish would be cursed with them.

Do you have any fun ideas that you use on your own tanks that I could try? Just curious. This guy apparently likes his hiding places, so if you have anything hiding place-related, that would be awesome! thanks!
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:27 AM   #2 
newfishmom

One of my favs is a small terra cotta flower pot. {With the hole in the bottom covered with something} Right now I am working on a piece of driftwood. I have drilled a hole in it and I have a little dremmel tool that I will be sanding down the inside of the hole with it. {although, using a wood bit to drill the hole, it is REALLY smooth anyway} That is just two ideas for you. Hope you get lots of responses as I am curious what other people come up with.
newfishmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #3 
Learn To Fly

I have started using old coffee mugs in my tanks, kind of like the terra cotta pot. They work well and come in lots of colors. I even have one with a big fish on it XD.

Also, if you get a bunch of slate "stepping stones" or whatever and break them with a hammer, you can make a nice natural-looking rock formation. I will post pics of mine when I can get to them. And probably the mugs too, though maybe not today.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #4 
Learn To Fly

Here is a picture of my slate structure...
Name:  Copy of 102_3912.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  45.4 KB

Oh yeah, and I have a piece of driftwood there too
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:40 AM   #5 
metalbetta

I have one big piece of slate in my collection, I'll see what I can do with it!
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote