Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #1 
Zeetrain

Sorority Tank Mates?

I have a ten gallon sorority thats pretty well planted. It has 3 female bettas in it at the moment. I had a 4th but unfortunately she died. I thought about buying another female betta to get it to 4 again but the 3 I have are getting along so well. I almost never see any nipped fins anymore. I had a few emerald green corys in with them but i moved them to my communtiy tank. I plan on adding 3 albino corys. I was wondering what fish would be good to add to this tank. Im looking for like a small school of 5, maybe neon tetras? I was wondering what you guys think?
Zeetrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:15 PM   #2 
Jayy

I've heard alot of people say that neons nip bettas fins.I think just to be safe you may want to add one or two more females. As for other fish I say maybe some harlequin rasboras or silver tips and cories would be a great choice.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #3 
DragonFish

A 10 gallon is a bit too small for Corys...I wouldn't recommend getting any less then four, six or more being ideal. And a 10 just doesn't have enough room for them, unless they're pygmies.
I wouldn't suggest Tetras either, a proper school along with the females would be pushing it in a 10.

I highly suggest you pick up a couple more females. All may seen fine now, but that can change in the blink of an eye. Better safe then sorry....and this means you can go betta shopping ;)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #4 
Jayy

Oh, Sorry about that I guess I better stay out of this area. If you really want more fish I guess you would have to upgrade.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #5 
Zeetrain

Thanks for the replys guys.
Zeetrain is offline   Reply With Quote