Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #1 
annchristine65

Funny/Odd behavior.

My tank has a pretty good current, it doesn't seem to bother Carlos, he is swimming around fine and doesn't seem stressed at all. He seems to be thriving, built a beautiful huge thick bubble nest. The odd behavior is that he seems to love swimming directly into the current as close as he can and flip himself over. He really looks like he is having fun and he likes it, he does it a couple of times in a row and then just goes on his merry way. So, is he having fun or trying to kill himself? LOL
Is it possible to post videos on here? If so I will try to video it the next time I see him doing it.
annchristine65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:24 PM   #2 
hrutan

I post videos using Photobucket. The process is the same as with pictures - upload it, click on the gear on the corner of the video, go to "get links" and go to the one marked for forums.

That sounds pretty silly! :)
hrutan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:29 PM   #3 
annchristine65

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrutan View Post
I post videos using Photobucket. The process is the same as with pictures - upload it, click on the gear on the corner of the video, go to "get links" and go to the one marked for forums.

That sounds pretty silly! :)
Thanks! I'll give it a try!
annchristine65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:30 PM   #4 
Flint

I'd love to see a video!

This behavior is kind-of common. Fish (despite what we are told) actually love water current. The reason some people have issues with it is the fish has to get re-accustomed to it after living the first portion of it's life in a cup. I think a lot of people are a little too premature to baffle the filter or take it off. A few adjustments (making sure they have extra plants to get away from the current) and some time and most fish will come around. Imagine swimming in a lake then all of a sudden its nice, calm waters turn into that of an ocean - you'd be confused and pushed around, too! Probably scramble for land where the waves couldn't get you. It's the same for the fish.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:05 PM   #5 
mart

^+1 flint.
Yeah people get too paranoid about the current. All my fish love it and swim right into the waterfall.
mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:41 AM   #6 
Pandanke

I have my AC50 turned up fairly strong in my 20 long... and was really quite surprised to see that all 3 bettas which have resided there HAPPILY swim through it for hours each day. They seem to love it.

I admit, most of my boys seemed pretty disgruntled about the filter initially, mainly I assume it is because they'd never experienced something like a current... But heck, Wiggles sleeps on his sponge filter and loves swimming through bubbles. Spot likes to dive into the water current from the HOB... I suspect they may actually like it.
Pandanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:47 PM   #7 
Aeon

me 2 def luv to see video
Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote