Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #1 
Learn To Fly

Hopeful new betta, good news and more XD

Because it's the end of the year-summer break!-and I think I did really well in school this last trimester, this Friday I am (hopefully) stopping by PetSmart to look at their bettas. They get their shipments on Friday. HOPEFULLY they will have something "special" because otherwise I don't get a betta :( . Normally they have CTs and VTs and VT females. But maybe a HM slipped in there somewhere XD...

And I found a new LPS that has been recommended especially for fish enthusiasts. I can only hope they have bettas, and if not that they'll special order.

There is not a single Petco in the ENTIRE STATE OF KENTUCKY! And I can't drive to Knoxville, TN to get fish XD.

But on a better note, I have my plastic containers and they can house fish on, literally, a moment's notice. Yay :D! Pics for those coming soon...

Maybe if I think of more I'll post later/tomorrow. But tomorrow I'm going to the lake to swim/have fun so late tomorrow.

Wow. I'm actually really hyper/excited. Why?? Who knows, who cares :D. Sorry for all my randomness.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I hate that there are no Petcos in Kentucky.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:43 AM   #3 
FireKidomaru

wow that stinks.... 3 out of 4 of my bettas are from petco.... they may not take care of their fish very well here in colorado but they sure do have a wide selection
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #4 
Learn To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I hate that there are no Petcos in Kentucky.
Hah! You live in KY too! You can order from them online though...but I'd rather pick out my bettas in person.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:20 AM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'd rather pick them out in person, too.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #6 
Arzela

There's actually a petco in Bowling Green, I think. But other than that, I think the closest one is in Indiana somewhere...
Arzela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #7 
Learn To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arzela View Post
There's actually a petco in Bowling Green, I think. But other than that, I think the closest one is in Indiana somewhere...
There IS???? You're right! I'm going to see how far away that is from where I live!

EDIT: but...I don't think my parents will drive 2 1/2 hours for a fish XD

Last edited by Learn To Fly; 06-05-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #8 
Arzela

Yeah, I know how it is. I really wanna go to that Petco, but I'm not sure that I can justify the drive...xD Gas is expensive!
Arzela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #9 
Betta Slave

There are no Petcos in Canada. >:( And judging by what everyone's said, they have PK's and HM's and.... DBT's! I am an absolute sucker for DBTs and have been looking everywhere for one. >:( And.... I could always use Plakats.
But we have a Petsmart that has some okay bettas. (And by okay, I mean... pale, until you put them in a new tank.) All they have are VT's and CT's. But I managed to snab up a PK who they mislabeled as a female. Heh.
But I am jealous of all you people who have Petco's near your houses!
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #10 
Learn To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
There are no Petcos in Canada. >:( And judging by what everyone's said, they have PK's and HM's and.... DBT's! I am an absolute sucker for DBTs and have been looking everywhere for one. >:( And.... I could always use Plakats.
But we have a Petsmart that has some okay bettas. (And by okay, I mean... pale, until you put them in a new tank.) All they have are VT's and CT's. But I managed to snab up a PK who they mislabeled as a female. Heh.
But I am jealous of all you people who have Petco's near your houses!
Yup, yup. Petsmart is okay, but it just doesn't have the great bettas. And I am jealous too!