Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #11 
kuklachica

Here is an update. I treated the whole tank with coppersafe and lots of AQ salt. After I did that the flashing pretty much stopped, but clamped fins remain. I took Dane out of the divided tank since he is sickest and have him in a critter keeper. The other two seem ok, but one has some folded fins. I am not sure how long to treat them and when to expect to see any changes? He is having a slightly hard time swimming. He seems to keep sinking and needs to rest on something to stay up for any length of time.

Here are pictures of him today:

kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:48 AM   #12 
Allenbetta

I still saw the rocks and plastic plants whereas you cured him. The reason for empty tank for Betta is some parasites hidden on those objects and it couldn't be seen with human's bare eyes. Also,if the salt-bathed hasn't done the improvement,the medication for fish is the one you need. Have you add the temperature up while you curing him?? High-temperature fends off the parasite producing.
Allenbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:17 AM   #13 
kuklachica

Allen - I have the plants in there so he can hide and not feel too stressed while in the hospital tank. But I change the water daily and rinse everything in HOT water.

The water is between 80 - 82 degrees right now.

I am treating him with Coppersafe medication now.
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:56 AM   #14 
Allenbetta

Ok,and if he does eat the food,the medication may be ceased awhile. I always cured Betta on nothing but fish. And the improvement shown in great extent at the next morning. One of my HM Betta once got the symptom that you have now. I cured him with medicine and 30 Celsius. The very next day,he pooed one black excrement on the tank and vividly swimming again. Anyway,wish you luck and hope he would back to healthy soon.

Last edited by Allenbetta; 06-07-2010 at 08:07 AM.
Allenbetta is offline   Reply With Quote