Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-14-2014, 05:50 PM   #11 
VivianKJean

exactly, we are all here to help you fix all the wrong information you were given. Feel free to ask us anything (even if you think its a stupid question).
VivianKJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:57 AM   #12 
Hallyx
Reference Team

Please read this:

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/b...h-care-232570/
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:19 PM   #13 
aselvarial

you have a 10 gallon + a 5 gallon right? Easiest to keep all bettas would be divide the 10, put the girls in that, and put the boy in the 5 gallon. Distribute snails equally. Return the rest and strangle the employees that gave you such bad information (not really on the last part). I noticed ppl said to divide the 10, but I didn't see anyone specify that the girls go into the divided 10, and the boy goes into the 5. I do not know if you could get more girls and do a sorority in a 10. I have all boys at my house. Hopefully you'll have better luck, and now you know where to go if you think you are getting questionable information.
aselvarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:45 PM   #14 
Gennacy

Hi :)
The fish shop wont take back the fish :( and Sapphire is definitely a boy as he has flared his beard at Pringles! Gutted!!

For now I have put the Pringles and Sapphire in the 10g tank with the neons and mollies Oh and a mystery snail of about .5 cm (and a ton of plants)
Hagrid is back in the 5g with the 2 corys and snails and lots of plants.

Have been looking around for a cheap tank on local trade etc so hopefully I can separate up a bit more. I refuse to give any more business to the pet shop,

(We also bought a hamster, which is now very poorly and costing a small fortune in vet bills - hence the lack of funds at the moment ;( The other two from another store are just fine. but thats a whole other forum topic!)

Thank you for the advice, I am listening and doing my best. I have some amazing goldfish!

I love fish and hate to think they are suffering. Im not a bad owner, just recently moved into a new area and went to the wrong pet shop :(

Gennacy x
Gennacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:20 PM   #15 
bluenail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gennacy View Post
The fish shop wont take back the fish :( and Sapphire is definitely a boy as he has flared his beard at Pringles! Gutted!!

For now I have put the Pringles and Sapphire in the 10g tank with the neons and mollies Oh and a mystery snail of about .5 cm (and a ton of plants)

Have been looking around for a cheap tank on local trade etc so hopefully I can separate up a bit more. I refuse to give any more business to the pet shop,

(We also bought a hamster, which is now very poorly and costing a small fortune in vet bills - hence the lack of funds at the moment ;( The other two from another store are just fine. but thats a whole other forum topic!)

Thank you for the advice, I am listening and doing my best. I have some amazing goldfish!

I love fish and hate to think they are suffering. Im not a bad owner, just recently moved into a new area and went to the wrong pet shop :(

Gennacy x
You can put them into a rubbermaid tub temproarialy and it will be fine. They don't look as nice, since there are no glass sides, but the fish will be just fine so long as you rinse the tub well first.

I also suggest you check to see if that pet store is affiliated with the BBB, and if so, lodge a complaint. If not, I'd do searches for review sites and tell your story on those.
bluenail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:24 PM   #16 
Tuigirl

This just sucks. I hate pet shops like that who have no clue about animal care.
We have a shop like that here, too. Boy, what a mess that shop is!
I was very upset when they sold me a sick bird- unlucky for them I am a vet student, so I found out it was actually a disease dangerous to humans (psittacosis) so I let the health department know about it.....
Nothing more satisfying than seeing those people getting a fine!

I hope all goes well with your fish! And that hamster.
Tuigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:45 PM   #17 
SeaKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gennacy View Post

Gennacy x
Just so you know flaring does not necessarily indicate that the fish is male, females can and do also flare (It is just that their beards and fins are typically smaller)... If you can get and post a clear profile picture of him/her we may be able to do a gender assessment for you...
SeaKnight is online now   Reply With Quote