Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #21 
CodeRed

Agreed, DQ. ):
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:13 PM   #22 
Jupiter

Yeah, I never understood why some people think that aquariums are like 'fish prisons'...sure, there are a LOT of ignorant people who will cram a goldfish into a bowl and never change the water...now that it a true fish prison!
But those who actually know and love what they're doing are providing their fish with a much happier life (I think, anyway) than they would have if they were in the wild!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:31 PM   #23 
CodeRed

Exactly, lol. My friend who took Happi (if ya'll remember him, he was my Kingsnake for about a month) was harassed by her aunt about keeping him, saying he'd be happier in the wild. I lol'd. Snakes... their lives are probably about halved in the wild. They don't have to starve if they can't find food, they've always got heat, they have a constant water supply, they never have to worry about ANYTHING. If it suits their needs, why shouldn't they be happy? Same goes to fish and other such animals.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #24 
SilverCaracal

Happi's gone? Anyways captive animals should not be let into the wild. They've been provided and cared for for their whole lives. They don't know how to hunt, protect themselves, etc. It would only kill them if put into the wild. I've never gotten a reptile after my turtle because they require a lot more care and room. Ignorant people who cannot provide the time and space do not realize this. Those are the bad pet owners who ruin everything for the responsible pet owners.
SilverCaracal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:46 PM   #25 
CodeRed

Actually, I find my snakes the easiest pets out there, LOL. I clean their water every other day, feed them once a week, and clean their tank out once every 3 months or so xD Which is why it's terribly sad when people don't take care of them and let them go. They require very little care, and are VERY hard to abuse. (Snakes, this is. Lizards and Turtles require much more devotion).

And yeah, my friend took Happi (: Me and him... we didn't quite get along :P And my friend loved him, so... why not? He's supposedly doing great over there (: He's now called Zane.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:25 PM   #26 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think it's stupid to release something that has been born and bred in captivity into the wild.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:45 PM   #27 
CodeRed

Agreed DQ. Unless it's like a breeding program, where you're doing it to help a species. Otherwise you'll probably kill it...
Old 10-24-2010, 11:41 PM   #28 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote