Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #1 
metalbetta

Smile Cameron is in town!!!

((Adopted betta via The Betta Adoption Thread))

BUT, I'm getting impatient for him to get HERE. lol

The tracking dealy on usps.com says "Out for delivery or available at PO box"... Should I just be patient and see if they bring him here? Otherwise I have no clue where to go to get him! ugh. Either way I'll have pictures up once I get him settled in!! :)
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #2 
1fish2fish

He'll be delivered to your door. When does your mail usually come?
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:36 PM   #3 
metalbetta

Package deliveries are usually anywhere between 1-5... the tracking thing said he arrived in town around 7 this morning. so any time now... I'm just all excited lol
Old 06-04-2010, 03:03 PM   #4 
lastbook87

Yay! Let me know when he gets there--hopefully it'll be before you're gone for the night. :)
lastbook87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #5 
metalbetta

You'll be the first to know!

I have to work first thing in the morning tomorrow, so I won't be home too late if for some reason he gets here after I leave.

Last edited by metalbetta; 06-04-2010 at 03:38 PM. Reason: AFTER... not before! :)
Old 06-05-2010, 01:31 AM   #6 
metalbetta

UPDATE: he's here! He arrived around 6, and I stuck him in the tank (bag too) before I left, just took him out and got him into the tank... He's currently exploring his surroundings, and he looks excited to be out of the bag! He was very happy to see food as well lol

However, lastbook87, there's a little black spot on his anal fin, was that there before? Other than that he's regained most of his color and looks great! He's BEAUTIFUL. Thank you so much! I will post pictures as soon as he's all settled in!
Old 06-05-2010, 01:49 AM   #7 
lastbook87

Yaaay! I'm so happy he made it okay... I swear, that lady at the post office trying to get me to upgrade it to overnight shipping made me paranoid about everything from the amount of air to my amateurish insulation, lol. And yeah, he's had that spot since I got him, and it hasn't gotten bigger or smaller. Sorry I didn't mention it--it's just one of those things that I noticed whenever I looked at him, but never thought about when he wasn't sitting right in front of me.

Good to hear that he's eating, too. During his pre-shipping fasting, he acted like he was DYING of starvation whenever I'd feed Big Red in the tank next to him. Silly fish--it was for his own good! I can't wait for some pictures once he's settled in and when you've got time. :)
Old 06-05-2010, 02:00 AM   #8 
metalbetta

He's been fascinated with the marbles in his tank for the past 20 minutes. Haha... He's very active, which gives me relief! I was worried sick while I was out of town! My bandmates were all like "why do you bother so much with fish?" and everyone on this forum knows the answer to that!
Anyway, Cameron is such a cute name, so I think it'll stay that way. All of my fish have human names, and I think it's adorable.

I figure I'll take the time either tomorrow afternoon (on my break) or night to get some pictures taken and posted for you! Also I noticed that in the right light his eyes glow red. A little demonic but that's fine with me! haha, thanks again, and I'll update you on how he's doing every so often!
Old 06-05-2010, 03:02 AM   #9 
mysquishy

Yay. Glad he got there safe!!! Cameron is a great name (it is my last name lol). :)
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:48 AM   #10 
lastbook87

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbetta View Post
He's been fascinated with the marbles in his tank for the past 20 minutes. Haha... He's very active, which gives me relief! I was worried sick while I was out of town! My bandmates were all like "why do you bother so much with fish?" and everyone on this forum knows the answer to that!
Anyway, Cameron is such a cute name, so I think it'll stay that way. All of my fish have human names, and I think it's adorable.

I figure I'll take the time either tomorrow afternoon (on my break) or night to get some pictures taken and posted for you! Also I noticed that in the right light his eyes glow red. A little demonic but that's fine with me! haha, thanks again, and I'll update you on how he's doing every so often!
Well, don't rush yourself if you'd rather do something else during your break--I'm going to be out of the house all day tomorrow for family stuff, so I won't get to see them until tomorrow night anyways. And as for the marbles, I'll have to get some for my other fish tanks! They've all been marble-less, but if Cameron's that enchanted by them, I'm sure some of the others will appreciate them, too.

I like the human names, as well, so I'm glad that he fits with your "theme." He's actually named after Cameron from 10 Things I Hate About You, and I do still think that the name is appropriate, lol. I also have a Kat who rules the sorority... And then there's Patrick, who can't be convinced to flare at anything. So two of them are right, and one of them's horribly, horribly wrong.