Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #1 
newfishmom

My 10 gallon sorority start with a few of the girls...

Here is what the tank is looking like. I am getting a few more plants probably tomorrow. I have 5 holes in the wood for hiding places and the one piece of wood on the left has a little cave like spot. Need another small plant by it.

1st of the sorority...No names yet for any of them

#2 Not a good picture. She is in a jar that everything comes out distorted in the pictures. She is mostly yellow.

Telling me to go away...

And #3 She is very dark and small. Has some red.

Peep will be #4. Called petsmart and they do have a new shipment of fish coming today but it will be anywhere from 3 to 5 when they get them and then she told me anywhere from around 5 to 7 to get them out on the floor. Maybe tomorrow I can fill the #5 & #6 spots.
newfishmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #2 
mysquishy

They are beautiful and the tank looks great. I really want to start a sorority.
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #3 
Zeetrain

Very nice. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Zeetrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:09 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeetrain View Post
Very nice. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Me, too!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:54 AM   #5 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I'm SO jealous.lol It looks so amazing! All of your girlies are beautiful! :)
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #6 
crownie

I'm so jealous! I want to start a sorority! Your girls look very lovely, and I love the tank :)
crownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:54 AM   #7 
newfishmom

Filled the #5 & #6 spots!!!! Yeah!! One is white with red fins the other is, from what I can tell, mostly brown, I think. She is pretty small too. She had very bold stress stripes in the store. This morning she is looking fine. And....all of them came straight to the top for food this morning.

Have to admit....I am VERY nervous about when the time comes to put them all together. I have all there containers up close to each other so they all can see each other. I am hoping that maybe this will help by being somewhat familier. Advice on that would be helpful.
newfishmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:00 PM   #8 
Zeetrain

From my experience putting them up close to eachother before putting them in didnt seem to do anything and the way I did it was put them back in the small containers I bought them in and had them all floating on the top of the tank to get acclimated, then I would let one go in at a time. I chose the one I thought were the least aggressive first and then so on. I did this to give them some time to look around before the fighting began. For me it worked out very well because the one I thought was the most aggressive actually was and she was at the top of the pecking order. The one i thought was the least aggressive turned out to be the second lol. I watched them for a while with a net ready incase one got ganged up on. It worked out pretty well, they all had little nips in there fins but within days there was like no fighting anymore. Since then theres been the occasional nips. The main thing is that at the beginning it my be a little hard to watch them fighting but stick with it because it will calm down once the pecking order is made.
Zeetrain is offline   Reply With Quote