Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-03-2010, 08:49 PM   #1 
LoneHowler

Bettas and mirrors

I was poking around my local big pet store and saw that the had some betta goodies, one of which was a "floating betta exersize mirror." good points it recomended that this product be only used in tanks of at least two gallons, bad point I could see people leaving it in thinking it would be like a bird mirror.
Now I usaly only use the mirror to get him to come to the front of the tank and display, for pictures or guests and usualy for less than a minute at a time. I can't imagine a betta needing regular sessions with a "exersize mirror"
LoneHowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:04 PM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

It's actually good for them to flare. It helps them stretch out their fins. You should leave the mirror in for about 10 minutes a day than take it out so he doesn't blow out a fin.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #3 
kikuhoshi

I use a magnifying mirror I picked up at the dollar store to "exercise" Armand. Cheap, easy, and just as effective. He's stopped tail-biting as much with it (along with other factors, probably), and he just looks so cute when he's showing off.

I do it for about 5 minutes a time, anywhere from 0x to 2x a day.
kikuhoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:23 AM   #4 
LoneHowler

Well I went and bought the exercise mirror. Boy what a difference, from just using a hand held and him flaring at the glass; to him circling his "opponent", shoving the mirror and giving it nips. Its fun to watch the betta fighting techniques without putting fish in jeopardy
LoneHowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #5 
betta G

i have a 2.5 mirrored back tank for my betta.he doesnt even seemed botherd about the mirrored back.sometimes he flares at it but thats about it
betta G is offline   Reply With Quote