Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #1 
waffles

combining water conditioners?

Hellooo, I was wondering if anyone has any info regarding the combination of water conditioners? I've read it's usually safe to combine stuff made by the same manufacturer as far as meds or certain additives. One of my guys somehow poked a hole in his fin and someone told me to try out stress coat since it has aloe vera in it. I use kordon amquel and novaqua for my water treatment. Since stress coat has dosing based on use as a healing aid for fin damage and as a conditioner, I was wondering if it's safe to combine based on dosage with my regular conditioners? I really have no idea, and haven't been able to find out any info on it, I'm guessing it's probably not a good idea, but I figure just switching him from amquel/novaqua right to stress coat abruptly might harm him. I really don't know. Any suggestions are appreciated Thanks.
waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:14 AM   #2 
Allenbetta

It would be least chemical ingredients on Betta/fish tank the better. Unless you got no choice,I would not recommend that.
Allenbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:07 AM   #3 
Phether

Maybe you should move it out into a sick tank with just the medicine, then when it's all healed up, move it back into the regular tank. You could also use this opportunity to do a nice thorough cleaning of the tank as well
Phether is offline   Reply With Quote