Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-13-2010, 06:16 PM   #71 
JKfish

Okay, I'm getting the API Master Test Kit in a few days, which is good. What's bad is that Puffy has re-started his tail biting. :P
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:02 PM   #72 
sjones

I went to walmart and started pulling out their tanks kits today which is a step closer to having a cycled tank for me. I really liked the round one they had to, it was a 3 gallon, has anyone had experience with those?
I will probably get a ten gallon and split if five ways (KIDDING, I would split it in two or three) Now I've got all these fish! JK your shrimp and brown globular bacteria experience had pushed me toward the ammonia method of cycling,( and then I shaved the white stuff off the shrimp-LOL!) but keep us posted on how it evolves!
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:27 PM   #73 
JKfish

Oh, make sure, if you get the circular tank, that it is more long than tall, that way there is more air surface.

Using pure ammonia sounds sounds like a good idea, it'll probably be a lot less messy. That's what I originally wanted to do, but my parent's didn't want something like that around the house where the little kids or pets could get to it :)
Old 06-13-2010, 10:05 PM   #74 
sjones

Yeah. it will be an investment and I'll have to buy a water kit but I'm going to start working up to it..slowly..haha! This rules! I love my little hobby!
Old 06-13-2010, 10:05 PM   #75 
sjones

P.s. I want a good gravel vac, any suggestions?
Old 06-13-2010, 10:45 PM   #76 
sjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
Okay, I'm getting the API Master Test Kit in a few days, which is good. What's bad is that Puffy has re-started his tail biting. :P
That API Master kit is only $17 at Walmart.com and it says the shippping is a dollar. I'm going to order mine from them!
Old 06-14-2010, 08:31 AM   #77 
JKfish

I was going to order from walmart, but my mom insisted I get it from sears online (where it was around $20 when we got all the discounts), becuase she has a huge gift card, and it's about to expire soon. ^_^

As for the gravel vac that stores sell, I don't know, I've heard mixed review on that. Some people say those are hard to start, others love them. I'm just using a turkey baster a d occasionally a homemade syphon to get out some of the gunk ontop of the sand.