Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-07-2010, 11:15 AM   #1 
vaygirl

Arg! (A rant)

I love my neighbor (Maria). She and I chat all the time and she's a very, very nice person. But her DOG! I want to drive him to another town and leave him there. I feel kinda bad because Maria fell completely in love with my dog Molly and she wanted a dog of her own. Molly is a Basset. Maria has a bad back so she needed something smaller. She got a chiuaua from a shelter instead. They said he was wonderful (of course they did) and potty trained (no, he's not) and so she brought him home.

I leave Molly out on the deck (weather permitting) with the back door open so she can come in and out at leisure and so Maria does the same. But Blackie (her dog) barks at EVERYTHING. He barks at people who live here and he sees every single day and strangers too.

We live in a townhouse community and a creek runs behind us that goes into the local park. People are kinda coming and going all day. And he's barking all day. And NO ONE comes to stop him. Ever. If Molly barks (which is only at untrustworthy strangers and I have yet to figure out her screening process), I go check it out immediately and if she seems intent to warn someone off then I make her come in. I mean with a Basset, you can't just leave them out there to yodel. People would kill me.

I try to perservere but when it's 6:30 in the morning and I'm just trying to get my sensitive Basset to pee and come in and he's out there just freaking yapping at us nonstop, I wanna stick him in a box and ship him to Florida!

Anyone else have any rants today? Hehe
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:21 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have neighbors who let their dogs out on their patio and they bark every time I walk by there. Especially if I'm walking the dog that I petsit, who happens to live right behind them. It's annoying. They bark at other stuff, too, not just me.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:05 AM   #3 
willow

a rant about somesomes dog and it's owner...........yes,yes i do.
ok i'm not mad a the dog,he's lovely.........it's his poop
she won't clear it up !!!!!!!!!!!! it stinks !!!!!! and causes flies
and where are the flies coming to............my living room
i love to have my backdoor open,because i like to let not only the sunshine(when we get it )
come in,but also the fresh air.
i open the backdoor in the morning,or like now evening,draw back the curtain and in they fly
for the love of pete.............clean up the freeking poopies
i even tried hinting,but she don't know what i mean about loads of flies,she says she never gets them.
she never gets them because she hardly ever has the door open,and if she does she leaves the net curtain drawn.and they're all in my house
i can actually see them fly over the fence into my living room.
the OH won't clean it up,and nor do the kids,and when he cuts the grass.........he wears a full
face mask coz it flicks up in his face,there's no nice smell of fresh cut grass it's just poop.
arggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.
i'm thiking of sneaking over the fence,collecting some in a brown bag,put it on her door step
set light to it,and knock on the door.
hopefully she's got open toed slippers on.
thanks for the oppertunity to let that out.
willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #4 
BettaxFishxCrazy

...and I just lost my appetite.haha :P I have a neighbor that leaves both Akita's outside all day long (7am-5pm) rain or shine, hot or cold. They don't have much shelter either. I feel horrible for those dogs. Than I have a crazy neighbor that has a Miniature Schnauzer and lets it go wherever it wants (and it usually comes into my yard). She's getting better about keeping him underwraps but I just want to say to her..."Ok lady, one word...it's called a LEASH!" Ugh.lol
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #5 
willow

sorry
willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #6 
vaygirl

Dog etiquette seems lacking all over. Actually, I should call it dog-owner etiquette!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Someone told my briother that the way they solved the problem was to put the dog poop in a bag and tie it to the dog's collar and send it home.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:24 PM   #8 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Hahaha! I can see that sending the message loud and clear, but that poor dog that has to carry it. :P
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote