Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #21 
puppyrjjkm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
SO cutting off the head is DEFiNANTLY OFF THE MENU. please dont do that!!!

i think that there is just no way of killing the fish without a little guilt being given to the owner. what i would do is just give it its needs and let it die a peaceful death. since you seem like you dont want to treat him
I agree. It's just that he's pretty old and has been sick often, so I really don't think he's going to be able to pull out of it.
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #22 
CodeRed

I don't see why moving him out of the tank would be a problem, really. You say it's because it will kill him, but isn't that what you're planning to do anyways? At least by moving him you give him a chance to live, and you don't risk infecting the others.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:45 PM   #23 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by shards View Post
I'm curiouse what the clove oil thing. Also what if you put him in the frezzer like you do with deformed fry. Or just move him. (Please don't like get mad over what I just said I've never had a betta with a problem like this)
not being mean but why would you put it in the freezer? and you say like a deformed fry? you can do that? what does it do when you put the deformed fry in the freezer?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #24 
Betta Slave

Well, it's not recommended to put the deformed fry in the freezer... I know I sure wouldn't wanna freeze to death :/
I myself would just cut off the deformed fry's head... with a lot of mental arguing and shying away. I hope I'm not coming across as a mean person.... but I would find it very hard to do. I would just let your betta sit in his tank and let him die a peaceful death, as mentioned before.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:00 PM   #25 
bettalover2033

THANK YOU sum1 else thinks so and i see that cutting off the head is VERY hard just leave it in the tank let it die but make sure that ur there when it does die because you wouldnt want it to just die and have no1 there. stick around!!!! he is going to betta heaven if there is such a place lol but dont worry u r a good owner and i bet he had the time of its little life:)
Old 06-09-2010, 11:01 PM   #26 
bettalover2033

so wat are you going to do? let it die? freeze it? cut off its head? flush and have it die slowly? or be there while it is warm and safe until death reaches it?
Old 06-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #27 
metalbetta

Death is a natural part of life, and it's my belief that it should be left that way. I can see in some cases where there should be some sort of interference, but in this particular one, no. Personally it'd be too heartbreaking to me.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:17 AM   #28 
Maryrox247

If your going to kill him the most painless and humane thing to do is freeze him. ( get a cup fill it with him and tank water and freeze him.) He will fall asleep then die. But please treat him with salt baths,quarantine+salt, or look for a goos medicine to treat him with! I hope he feels better! I read this method of putting a fish to rest PAINLESSLY in a book on bettas and it is called anesthesia. It will leave you with guilt ( no matter how you kill him you will have guilt) but at least he died without having to suffer anymore and he dies in his sleep.

Last edited by Maryrox247; 06-10-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #29 
bettalover2033

but MARYROX he will die cold and feeling lonely like his owner abandoned him just like if you flush him. why would you want to freeze it? thats terrible IMO :( but if you sit there and wait till he dies then he will feel a little better that your there for him and he knows that you would do anything for him...
Old 06-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #30 
shards

You know what its not our desision on how the fish goes. Just try your best I mean your absolute hardest to cure him. And if it doesn't work then it doesn't work and he dies but you will be able to know he died not because you flushed not because you flushed him but he died and you did everything you could to stop it. But its nature and you can't stop it from happening. Best of luck.
shards is offline   Reply With Quote