Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-09-2010, 12:59 PM   #1 
Zenandra
Banned

I Could Really Use Someone To Talk To...

I really feel like I've hit a wall in my life recently... I'm 23 years old, I've been out of highschool for almost 5 years and I still don't have a college degree. I have switched my major a bunch because I have no idea what I want to do with my life... I mean if I could live my dream I would open up my own petstore/tack shop.

I would have horse supplies on one side and pet supplies on the other. I would sell general supplies for dogs, cats, small fuzzy animals, reptiles, fish etc. and of couse sell general freshwater and saltwater fish, rodents, ferrets, reptiles etc. I would like to breed some of them myself. I also want to have a small cafe inside that would sell coffee, drinks, sandwiches, bagels etc. As well as homemade pet treats. I would call it Horsefeathers (or something similar), and I would open it in Kingston, ny. 15 minutes from HITS (saugerties) and there are no tack shops up there but tons of farms!

But everyone seems to think that idea is stupid... that it doesn't make any sense... but it would make me happy! Don't I deserve the right to be happy??

On top of that, I feel like Im kind of stuck with the horses... Like everyone around me is progressing so much and im just kind of stuck... Im training Amber and I don't have a horse to do other stuff on, which I know isn't a big deal, cause she's getting so much better. But I watch youtube videos and see all of these people jumping like 4' bareback and I just know that I will never be that good of a rider... and it hurts for some reason!

I'm also having a lot of trouble at my job! I work at a no kill Animal rescue, I'm the manager of the horses and other farm animals. And I love it there, I love the animals and the job, but I can't stand my boss. And I know thats life, I mean how many people really like the people they work for? But it's like she's bi-polar or something. One day she tells me "Don't worry about mowing and weed wacking and stuff, the boys can take care of that, I want you to worry about pampering the animals and make them as comfortable and happy as possible" then the next day she calls me into her office and starts screaming at me for not mowing the lawn!!! Just a lot of stuff like that

And it feels like I really don't have any close friends anymore, I have a wonderful boyfriend, but he's really the only person in my life that im super close to, and it bothers me! I really feel the need to be someone who is friends with everyone but no one really sticks around... I don't know what's wrong with me... I don't think im some horrible person... *sigh*

Thanks for reading this, I really just need to know that im not some failure in life...
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #2 
Kitty88

I think we might be related.
I'm 22, have no degree, switched majors twice. I'm overly friendly with everyone yet seem to have no best friend aside from my awesome boyfriend.
My 'life goals' are basically to be a mother, but no one seems to agree that this is a valid life goal. I'd love to have a rabbitry/animal shelter, but again, everyone sees this as a childish goal...:/

So yeah, you need someone to chat with, feel free to chat with me. :)
Kitty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #3 
bloo97

Sorry about your hard times.

I'll be glad to chat with you guys, if you'd like! (:
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:11 PM   #4 
doggyhog

Feel free to PM me if you need to talk.. I've had some really hard things happen in the past few years, so I know how it is... Just shoot me a message and I'll try and cheer ya up. :)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #5 
xswornxoffxjello

Looks like you have a few options here. :) You can PM me, as well.
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't think your dream of having a petstore/tack storer and small cafe is stupid at all! I think you'd need a degree in accounting or business to run something like that, though.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:47 PM   #7 
vaygirl

I don't think it's stupid either. You're young. You have time to dream and plan and it's fine that you're still doing that. I think starting a pet store sounds wonderful. And I don't think there's a one of us who wouldn't like to drink coffee and wander around looking at fish and stuff. I think it's brilliant.

We need one here in Edison, NJ. There isn't a single LFS within 25 miles! Come here and sell fish! :D
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:07 PM   #8 
Learn To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I don't think your dream of having a petstore/tack storer and small cafe is stupid at all! I think you'd need a degree in accounting or business to run something like that, though.
That's what I was going to say, on both counts. Actually, that sounds like something I would do! If I lived in NY I would definitely come to it :D

Also, you don't have to be able to jump 4' bareback to be a good rider/owner/trainer. Really, just have fun with your horse and don't let it bother you. Because I'm sure Amber loves you as a rider just the way you are... :D
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:14 PM   #9 
ashitaka6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learn To Fly View Post
Also, you don't have to be able to jump 4' bareback to be a good rider/owner/trainer. Really, just have fun with your horse and don't let it bother you. Because I'm sure Amber loves you as a rider just the way you are... :D
I agree with her! As long as you treat her well she's happy as can be. That's why I love animals. They love us unconditionally. Always comfort us and can usually tell when we are sad. ^.^.
ashitaka6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:43 PM   #10 
Zenandra
Banned

Thanks everyone for the replies!! I really appreciate it!! I am actually going to college and pursuing a business degree, so at least thats something... But I won't have a degree until Im almost 26, when so many of the people I went to high school with already have their degrees, it makes me feel like a bit of a loser...

A****aka PM me if you want to talk! I've had a lot of broken hearts in the past! And I'm a great listener! I'm here for you if you need a virtual shoulder to cry on, hehe!
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote